Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Cable Bracket for CSP Bell Crank Linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
A few months ago I converted over from a cross bar link to a bell crank linkage. At first I didn't like it much but I found that it was my carbs that were the issue and not the link. Now I love it, especially compared with crossbar. I have a CSP link (pictured). I made a throttle cable bracket that worked well but due to some recent changes, I cannot use it anymore. I really don't feel like making a new one. Does anybody have any plan diagrams for making a cable bracket that I can take to a machine shop. I have some friends who own a machine shop. They owe me a lot of favors.

If nobody has any plans for a bracket, does anybody know where to buy a pre-made bracket?
McMark
I have a file that I cut mine from. I'll post it tomorrow when I'm back at the shop.
McMark
You'll have to figure out exactly where to bent and how far to bend, but this bracket works really well for me.
curt914
OK, here is another option in addition to McMark's drawing.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=88538&st=0

If nothing else, thought you might want to see this thread.

Anyway, if you follow the link to this thread, it ends up being all about the CSP bellcrank and the fact that while a very nice system, your still stuck without a throttle cable bracket.

In the thread a fellow named Chris offers up his solution. Looks great and in post # 25 of that thread he posts the file for making the bracket.
The way I understand it, you can take that file to a machinist and he will make the bracket for you.

I too have the CSP bellcrank and I love it, though my throttle cable bracket is ugly by comparison.

You might run into the issue of throttle cable length. I had to extend mine which I did with stuff from ACE Hardware.

Anyway, good luck

Curt

P.S., Hey McMark, I got one of your modified speedo drives in the mail from you this past week. Got it installed yesterday and the core will soon be on its way back to you. Sending it out early next week.
Have not had a chance to drive the car, but I have a good feeling this will solve othe oil bath under my car. Thanks for that smile.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(curt914 @ Jul 15 2010, 11:11 PM) *

OK, here is another option in addition to McMark's drawing.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=88538&st=0

If nothing else, thought you might want to see this thread.

Anyway, if you follow the link to this thread, it ends up being all about the CSP bellcrank and the fact that while a very nice system, your still stuck without a throttle cable bracket.

In the thread a fellow named Chris offers up his solution. Looks great and in post # 25 of that thread he posts the file for making the bracket.
The way I understand it, you can take that file to a machinist and he will make the bracket for you.

The file Chris posted is in AutoCAD exchange format...For those of you who [luckily] laugh.gif don't have or use AutoCAD here is the drawing in 1:1 scale in a .pdf file. You should just be able to print, trace, and cut this one out. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.