Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear shock mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zeezee
Click to view attachment

Not sure why my shocks are this way. Shouldn't this piece of rubber be under the chassis?

Maybe the PO did this to lower the car an inch or so?

KYB shocks.
siverson
Yikes. Yes, that is very wrong.

-Steve
windforfun
QUOTE(siverson @ Jul 15 2010, 12:08 AM) *

Yikes. Yes, that is very wrong.

-Steve

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
underthetire
Whats wrong with it ? There is supposed to be a rubber there.
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/image/113592216
McMark
B)
EdwardBlume
idea.gif beer.gif
zeezee
So I moved the rubber bumper below the chassis and reassembled - according to the pic on post #5 and a couple parts pics I've seen (Haynes, AA, etc.). But there isn't enough thread to snug the top assembly down. I'll end up with a stack of washers to take up some space. WTH?
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
The big fat donut goes under the body. The tapered one on top inside the trunk. Looks like you put both under the body from this pic??
Gigamight
seems to me you are missing a rubber donut. One goes below, one goes above. The shock mount housing gets sandwiched between rubber. Do you have it that way now?

Sorry, you beat me to the reply button Bill.
balljoint
Look at Mark's picture again. There are two rubber insulators on the top of the shock. The puck shaped one goes under the car and the more cone shaped one sits above.
zeezee
Right - the puck shaped one is under the chassis - it is formed so it fits over the cone of the shock bolt and has a small lip that fits into the hole in the chassis. the cup shaped rubber is above, filling in the mount above.

Maybe the puck rubber it too old/compressed? or the shock cone-bolt is not correct - too long?
zeezee
Click to view attachment

the rubber on the left is the top, right is the under-chassis.

The top rubber does not appear as thick as your pics.
SirAndy
QUOTE(zeezee @ Jul 16 2010, 09:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

the rubber on the left is the top, right is the under-chassis.

The top rubber does not appear as thick as your pics.

You need to flip the one on the left, you have it upside-down ...

bye1.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.