Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 at Oakland, CA Pick-n-Pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
strawman
I just checked the on-line Pick-n-Pull inventory, and it appears there's a 914 at the Oakland, CA Pick-n-Pull. See details at:

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.a...;Distance=25000

The listing says it has been there since June 23. Anyone seen it? Has the VIN been logged on this site?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(strawman @ Jul 15 2010, 08:06 AM) *

I just checked the on-line Pick-n-Pull inventory, and it appears there's a 914 at the Oakland, CA Pick-n-Pull. See details at:

The listing says it has been there since June 23. Anyone seen it? Has the VIN been logged on this site?

$5 says Andy is making plans to swing by.... its in his 'hood...
jeffdon
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 15 2010, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(strawman @ Jul 15 2010, 08:06 AM) *

$5 says Andy is making plans to swing by.... its in his 'hood...

Just swung by. VIN = 4722918424.

Gotta pair of the in dash vent outlets, mine were broken, so not a totally wasted trip. There are a few more decent parts on it. Almost no floor pan under the passenger seat, but overall, i have seen people do more with less.

And, some nice DAPO - WTF? material. Only on one side grill. Guess he needed just a little more venting.
Click to view attachment
jeffdon
Wow, that hit the registry quick. Here is another pic. I think it was Condragreen or Irish green....forgot to check the tag. Nice paint job right over the rubber bumper cap and trunk lock.

Click to view attachment
kkid
It looks like I left there right before jeffdon came.

It's a 1.7 with D-jet. I am the one who took out the AAR and MPS out the car. They both looked terrible so I didn't take either one after all. I did a test on the rebuilt MPS and it did not hold the vacuum so I opened it up and the copper diaphragm and aneroid cell looked to be OK with no crack. But the paper gasket and rubber seal ring are oil soaked and shot. So it maybe repairable for someone. The AAR appears to be have been repaired with ton of epoxy and crud. Yuk! stromberg.gif
Fuel pump and rear brake calipers are already gone. And the F bumper's gone as well.

Anyways, it did not have the parts I expected, so I kicked it and headed home.

BTW, the girl at the entrance who collects money($2) has an attitude. There are bunch of employees who are not doing anything actually. What the hell.

Enjoy the following crappy pix. cheer.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentPoor HEClick to view attachmentThe famous bird nests&extra F seat Click to view attachmentGorgeous plywood dash face
jeffdon
TOTAL attitude. The girl taking your money when you actually buy something is no better. THEN you get to have you tool box looked through. Damn, just thought of a couple little pcs that were there that would have fit in my pocket.
McMark
The door is irish green, but that chassis appears to be OE white.
arkitect
Jeffdon,
I like your ammo box tool carrier. How was the top rubber, most likely gone.

Dave
jeffdon
QUOTE(arkitect @ Jul 15 2010, 10:07 PM) *

Jeffdon,
I like your ammo box tool carrier. How was the top rubber, most likely gone.

Dave

Hey thanks. got that in Arcata, CA, in Longs Drug store of all places.

Damn, i forgot to really look at top rubber, but the rubber on the vert. window seals was pretty toasted.
JeffBowlsby
Someone should be sure to go get these...and check the fronts too, could be a foursome. biggrin.gif According to the PNP website, they are on sale today-Sunday.
jeffdon
Dang, failed to notice. What are the odds that they are in good shape?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.