Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom 914 bodywork ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
popcorn[1].gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
now THAT car needs a rear update kit installed.
Mueller
I like most of the bodywork...the paint job however makes it look cartoonish
Eric_Shea
That's pretty damn trick. Not my style but... pretty damn trick. Hat's off for the fab work. Amazing. pray.gif

Spoke
Not bad looking. It's probably one of the best 914-morphed car I've seen in a while.

Hopefully it doesn't have a 1.7L T4 in it.
zymurgist
It looks like it has a 911 roof on it.
underthetire
Not too bad actually. The paint job sucks, I think a more solid color might be better.
EdwardBlume
Not bad... you have to give props for the extensive effort... beer.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 15 2010, 11:06 AM) *

I like most of the bodywork...the paint job however makes it look cartoonish

agree.gif That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pic. I like the transition of the targa bar to the trunk.
jmill
I don't care for the side scoops, rear vents or insent doors. Otherwise, I like the lines of the car. Not my style, but they flow nice.
brp986s
Shoulda saved time and money and bought a boxster. Leave the creative stuff for painting on easels.
jeffdon
Much cooler:

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/19092...html?no_cache=1
jmill
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 15 2010, 02:13 PM) *

Another guy that got scoop happy. I leave the scoops to raisin bran.
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(jmill @ Jul 15 2010, 03:11 PM) *

I don't care for the side scoops, rear vents or insent doors. Otherwise, I like the lines of the car. Not my style, but they flow nice.

agree.gif
Root_Werks
That does look like a 911 roof.

Parts of it look kinda cool......others not so much.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 15 2010, 03:13 PM) *

Wow, I agree that it is much cooler, but that is mostly as they succeeded in making it look 20yrs older than the base car.

It took me almost through the pictures (before they got to rear suspension) to figure it was a 914.

Amazing fab work there.
IronHillRestorations
Wasn't there a customized 914 in a never released sci-fi spoof movie with Bill Murray? IIRC it had a modified Rayco kit. I do remember seeing the magazine ads for the body kit.
McMark
agree.gif As far as heavily modded 914s go, that's one of the better ones.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 15 2010, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 15 2010, 03:13 PM) *

Wow, I agree that it is much cooler, but that is mostly as they succeeded in making it look 20yrs older than the base car.

It took me almost through the pictures (before they got to rear suspension) to figure it was a 914.

Amazing fab work there.

I have been down to fantasy junction and seen it in the flesh. Works much better in person. Had a hard time walking away from it.
VaccaRabite
I like it. It looks like its going fast while just sitting still.
Zach
Mike Bellis
That guy should get in on George's tail lamp group buy. beer.gif
BRAVE_HELIOS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2010, 12:00 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

WOW! Makes my Chalon look tame in comparison! Nice job! What's it got?
Lennies914
Looks pretty sharp.
I wonder how he did the headlights?
Katmanken
The inside of the windshield pillar area looks a little "off" next to the rollbar, and the side window area looks like the doors or glass should wrap inward at the top.

Without the wrap, the owner will need a bailing bucket. Other than that, not bad.

Ken
Silverstreak
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 15 2010, 02:13 PM) *

Very nice. It reminds me of the Porsche 550 Le Mans Coupe.
Ericv1
The rear flares could have been incorporated with the natural lines of the trunk better. I would ditch the rear vents. The paint is not my style but the lines are nice.
charliew
I don't think a tall person can fit under the roof, thats why the sides of the roof aren't there, to allow entry. The windshield has been laid back also I think. Nice overall shape but the scoop and the side scallops in front of the rear wheels are not to my taste. The rear needs re styling with a diffuser added to hide the tranny. It's probably got all the rear stuff to keep a aircooled motor though.
Scott S
I think it is sorta neat. Needs a roof rack and a surf board.

I dont understand why the tail light area on many kits is left un-addressed. There seem to be a few kits (even race based) where the trailing edge of the rear fenders have huge gaps. If you are going to go to allof that trouble, what not spread the tail light panel too? (like this....)
Andyrew
I saw that 356 at T-hill YEARS ago. Pretty neat!

Scott.

I think the issue with that is that you have to actually cut into the trunk to do that..
Mike Bellis
This thing is pretty cool... Reminds me of an early prototype...

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
I like Scotts tails lights better...
jcambo7
Good fab work on both cars. Especially the silver car but personally...I like my 914!
Silverstreak
Click to view attachment
See. My fav Porsche of all time. This is a replica of course. Someday wub.gif
al weidman
This one shows some real metal fabrication talent.

beech4rd
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 15 2010, 05:41 PM) *

I like it. It looks like its going fast while just sitting still.
Zach

And anything would be better than this:-
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.