Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior & Option Codes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Bullethead
OK, just got a much appreciated hand-written descripion of my 1970 914/6 from Jurgen Barth, but unfortunately no Kardex. Before I request a COA from Porsche,
does anyone have a source for the factory codes for the 914/6? Went looking on the Interwebs to no avail... and neither the Johnson or Long books have the info.
Seems like an obvious thing to include in the appendix of an "authenticity" book.

VIN: # 914 043 1396
Eng: # 6404878
Trans: Not Recorded
Paint: 1410
Interior: 11
Options: C02 and 566

Muchas gracias!
Gustl
#1396 was produced / delivered in April 1970
engine number is correct for this year / period - but I can't tell you if it's a matching number
transmission number should be somewhere aroung 7501400 (+/-)
paint code 1410 = signal orange
interior 11 = black leatherette with black leatherette basketwave seat inlays
option 566 = fog lights

no idea what option C02 could be confused24.gif

beerchug.gif

Gustl
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Jul 15 2010, 09:20 PM) *

OK, just got a much appreciated hand-written descripion of my 1970 914/6 from Jurgen Barth

would be cool if you could post a scan / photo !!
Bullethead
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 15 2010, 05:05 PM) *

engine number is correct for this year / period - but I can't tell you if it's a matching number
option 566 = fog lights

beerchug.gif

Well, we knew the color and build date already, and the engine is long gone, so it's nice just to know what the number was. Many thanks for the interior and options, Gustl. Figured the brown interior that came with it wasn't right... but it's going away anyhow. I'm building a GT so the foglight thing is moot as well. In fact, the chrome bumpers are gonna end up in the classifieds.

So... C02 is still a mystery. Maybe someone on the RennTech forums knows.

I'm fortunate to have good contacts... it's an email from him, Gustl... so sorta handwritten. laugh.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 15 2010, 02:05 PM) *

option 566 = fog lights

beerchug.gif

agree.gif

1410 = 14 Signal Orange & 10 = Black Targa Top (so all 914s end with 10)

CO2 could be "Comfort Options" (see Bowlsby's list below - Euro pkg. same as Appearance Group here in the USA) - or a typo????

>> Another thought, try calling PCNA's COA number (option 3 IIRC) & ask Kristen Rochford there (or whomever else is handling COA's these days) & see if they can look on the microfilm/digital of the Kardex & tell you what the option actually says. You can do it by email too, & just say you're planning to get a COA sometime. biggrin.gif

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/OpEq.htm

BTW - you may be able to find & reunite the H-6 engine by that s/n, by keeping an eye out in the classifieds here, 914club, ClubNARP, Pelican, TheSamba, evil-bay, etc., since they do come up occasionally.

Oh & welcome.png
carr914
welcome.png

How old is the note from Jurgen? Because he has been seperated from Porsche for a couple of years now.

Where in Florida are you? Always nice to know of another Sixer around here.

T.C.
Bullethead
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 15 2010, 07:59 PM) *

welcome.png

How old is the note from Jurgen? Because he has been seperated from Porsche for a couple of years now.

Where in Florida are you? Always nice to know of another Sixer around here.

T.C.

Thanks for that, Tom... had been looking for that list on RoadGlue. Will request a COA hoping it covers that "C02" thing, whatever it is...
but have experienced the incomplete nature of COAs before.

T.C., I'm in WPB and bought the car about a month ago from Kevin J; my friends at KlubSport asked Herr Barth on my behalf and his reply came yesterday.
Not just for this car, but also one of the early 911S's I have. He may no longer be directly involved with the company but is still a tremendous resource.
BTW, you have Sixer to Sixer PM. beerchug.gif

Cheers!
carr914
Russ, here is my list of Florida folks, glad to have you. I'll send you an eMail later.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.