Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Wheels Vs. Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cambo
I've got the stock steel wheels right now. Want the 2.0 Fuchs down the road. I need tires soon. Wondering if both of these wheels have the same dimensions??

I was hoping to buy tires right now. Then buy the Fuchs later. Just don't want to buy 2 sets of tires. Hope that made sense. What size will fit on both if any? It has 185/70/15's right now. Would like to go to a wider low profile tire if I can. Oh, this is on a 75 1.8 4 bolt. I searched but couldn't quite find the right answer. Thanks
DanT
tire sizes that will fit.
195x65
195x60
205x60
205x50

If you have the later 5.5 steel wheels the Fuchs are 5.5 as well and within a very close tolerance to the same back spacing.

here is my current build with 205x50s on Polished Fuchs...
and some older builds with factory finish Fuchs and 205s

Cambo
Thanks for the info DanT.
al weidman
Dan has the info. I have ended up with 195X65 Kuhmo's. I like the more stock gear ratio as I do freeway traveling mostly. If you are just a around towner or get a chance to go around corners the 205X50's will do the trick. AL.

Cambo
QUOTE(al weidman @ Jul 15 2010, 04:26 PM) *

Dan has the info. I have ended up with 195X65 Kuhmo's. I like the more stock gear ratio as I do freeway traveling mostly. If you are just a around towner or get a chance to go around corners the 205X50's will do the trick. AL.

Thanks for the pic. Now I know what my car will look like.
VaccaRabite
IMHO the 205 60 tires look the BEST on narrow cars.
it is the widest tire that most shops will install on a 5.5inch wheel. You get a bulgy sidewall that just looks killer on a 70s era car. The car will sit a tad lower, and your speedo will be off a little. 55 tires tend to look too rubber bandy for my tastes on these cars, but 65s (stock) look like truck tires.

Zach
DanT
that is why there are different sizes of tires...
I use the 205x50 for a gearing advantage at AXs and I like the wider look
Bleyseng
205x50's fit on 15x7 too for a wider look.
jaxdream
Can you tell us how you got 15 X 7 cookies on a narrow body ??? piratenanner.gif Fender massage ?? Spacers ?? Interested to know , as it does appear to be a challenge to put 7 inch wide wheels on a narrow body . Thanks In advance...

Jack / Jaxdream
Tom
Cambo,
205's will not fit all cars, especially using different wheels. Try to find a tire store that will work with you to find the best fit. My 76 with Enkei's would only allow 196/55's. The outside fit is very close and the inner fender lip was already turned in. Yea, the speedo is off too, but doesn't bother me.
Tom
Silverstreak
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 17 2010, 04:21 AM) *

205x50's fit on 15x7 too for a wider look.

Are those wheels off a 944? A set of those just came into my work (salvage/recycling yard) I was thinking of buying them, cleaning them up and trying to re-sell them since I have 4 lug hubs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.