So last summer, I drive to see my customer/bud in San Diego and show him my 914 2.0 in Signal Orange. He likes the car, and has had friends with 914's in England, where he grew up. He is a BMW owner for years. Has 2.

I talked to him yesterday morning just to catch up, and last night he and his wife are driving home to Rancho Bernardo and he tells me this morning he saw a 914 upside down getting dragged back onto the road surface after sliding off the road and inverting. He was a bit shocked cause he saw the color in late afternoon daylight and thought it might be me, but he knew I was at LAX today, so it was not likely me.

The 914 definitely left the road surface on a curve, down an embankment and was upside down being dragged up the hill still upside down, but trying to right the car with cables, he thought.

So...........

I know only of 1 914-6 in Signal Orange in San Diego on 914World, but he just got rearended after coming to OC for a Saturday meet.

Does anyone on here know who it might have been? My bud is a car geek and he confirms that it was DEFINITELY a 914, but Signal Orange is what he "thinks" was the color.

Rancho Bernardo is inland from the SD coast about 10 miles.

Hope the owner is OK.

John
avidfanjpl