Full Version: What is this 914 kit ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
http://cqcreport.us/

wacko.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like a kit with a 928 ish front end look , porobly some one will have a

name for it . Looks O.K. I guess. Not for me .

That wood battery box is so cool the owner should make up a few hundred a

at $50.00 each would sell out in a day!!! lol-2.gif

What is the price ? If you like that sort of think and could buy it right and finish

it you would have a different looking 914. Then put a 6 in it . Just my 2 cents!!!

Dave slap.gif
poorsche914
Could be a Beach Boys Racing kit? confused24.gif
Krieger
Looks good ...until you get to the wooden battery box. confused24.gif
BigD9146gt
Did Xzibit and the MTV monkeys have any part in that?

"Thanks MTV for pimping my ride!!!!"
sean_v8_914
619 is in san diego...
TheCabinetmaker
WTF.gif barf.gif
jcambo7
icon8.gif Not for me thats for sure!
PanelBilly
I don't think it looks bad. Just bugs me that they "stuck" the body work to what looks like a beater. If theuy had stripped the car down and preped everything beforehand it would give a custom finish. The fact that parts that were in the way were just partly chopped off and left "hanging" there makes me think they didn't care what the finished product would be. How you do anything is how you do everything.

Then again, I judge more by what's under the skin, not just how it looks from a distance.
JRust
I kind a dig the rear idea.gif . That wood battery box is a classic. Front end definately looks like stromberg.gif
Drums66
....Not for me either!...928-911-914..P diddy?? idea.gif
later johannes
johannes
If people don't like the way the 914 looks ... why don't they buy something else ?
Gustl
QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 16 2010, 06:50 PM) *

If people don't like the way the 914 looks ... why don't they buy something else ?

agree.gif
914Sixer
Yes, it is Beach Boys Racing kit.
Ericv1
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 16 2010, 01:04 PM) *

I don't think it looks bad. Just bugs me that they "stuck" the body work to what looks like a beater. If theuy had stripped the car down and preped everything beforehand it would give a custom finish. The fact that parts that were in the way were just partly chopped off and left "hanging" there makes me think they didn't care what the finished product would be. How you do anything is how you do everything.

Then again, I judge more by what's under the skin, not just how it looks from a distance.

I agree. I can't believe someone would put that much money into a kit and not prep and finish the chassis.
swl
perhaps a mule for development?
dlo914
http://porsche914venice.com/
charliew
Just like building any car, it's all in the details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.