Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simple question for Weber/Porsche/VW peoples....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
I have a set of 48 IDA Webers with intake manifolds I'm selling on ebay. They came off of my car and were replaced with 44 IDFs. Will the manifolds also bolt right up to a VW type 4 engine? I hope the answer is yes.

These are the original Italian carbs. I posted the auction late at night and 15 minutes later got two different calls from California - guys begging me to sell them straight up. Next morning another phone call and a guy in Australia asking to remove the US sale only restriction.

Meanwhile, I've got a center console and stock swaybar receiving no bids. confused24.gif
SLITS
40s, 44s, 48s, etc., the manifolds are the same. If your manifolds are type 4, they will bolt to any type 4.
Wait till you see the freight cost to Australia - it'll scare ya. ohmy.gif plus the import duties he has to pay.

48s are a little more rare than 40s or 44s - no suprise there.
Mark Henry
They do but most likely they are T1 guys and they will replace the manifolds anyways.

They are like gold to the drag racing crowd and the Italian carbs are way better than the new ones.
You should get good coin for them.

beer.gif
JWest
It's about $35 to ship one of my shifters to Austrailia using USPS Global Priority - YOU don't need to worry about duties and I'm sure the recipient would be aware of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.