Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One engine tin screw is stuck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikea100
I was taking out engine tin and one screw just won't budge. It's the one over the cylinder#3 and under the intake pipe. It has 3 spade connectors for grounding harness under it. Is it safe to drill it out?
Thanks,
Mike.
kenshapiro2002
Try a penetrating fluid first...then hit it with a heat gun. Bet it'll budge then.

QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jul 16 2010, 10:33 AM) *

I was taken out engine tin and one screw just won't budge. It's the one over the cylinder#3 and under the intake pipe. It has 3 spade connectors for grounding harness under it. Is it safe to drill it out?
Thanks,
Mike.

Krieger
agree.gif and some vice grips.
TheCabinetmaker
Impact screwdriver. If ya don't have one, you need one anyway. Good excuse to buy a new tool.
McMark
agree.gif impact screwdriver.

IPB Image
SUNAB914
I agree with tool above.
Cap'n Krusty
When you put it back together, install the ground lug plate under the appropriate case through bolt, where it belongs.

The Cap'n
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 16 2010, 02:54 PM) *

When you put it back together, install the ground lug plate under the appropriate case through bolt, where it belongs.

The Cap'n

Here's a pic of what the Cap'n is describing.

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
jaxdream
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 16 2010, 08:09 AM) *

agree.gif impact screwdriver.

IPB Image

No automotive tool box is not complete without a rusty carpenter's claw hammer !! aktion035.gif

I know , I know , it's a hammer just the same . lol-2.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
mikea100
Thank you guys. The screw is out. It took 2 people turning at the same time: 1 w/ vise grips and 2 w/ big screwdriver. I'm gonna anti-seize the crap out of this car when I put it back together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.