Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Friend selling a 356 project car...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
jhadler
Hey all,

I have a friend who is selling off a 356 project car. Make no mistake, it's a project, and in need of lots of restoration work. But the price is pretty right...

Here's a link to the ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/63-Porsche-...caf11a36a#v4-37

Car's located in Philly.

-Josh
Cupomeat
Interesting, but WAY too big of a project for me now.

It makes the mind start running, however, wish I could be the one to bring this back, but it is beyond my time and skill right now. I once passed on a 58 356A in almost completely restored shape (running) back in 1988 for $1800 and somewhat regret that decision.

LOL, Some of his statements are optimistic, at best; "There are a few dents and dings that would probably be popped out with a rubber mallet. " Hell, every panel has a good dent in it and none of them will come out cleanly with a mallet.

Also, the rear end has clearly been hit, and not because the engine lid won't close, but because it is flattened and pushed in. barf.gif

Also, the inclusion of the straight 4, cam feeler rocker assembly from some other car makes me wonder who else got the parts that go with this car. WTF.gif
jhadler
In his defense, he's a motorcycle guy, doesn't really do cars. May not have identified the rockers as not belonging to the rest of the parts heap. He thought he'd take advantage of a great deal. But his project list is too expansive to take this on.

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.