Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions needed on a 914-6....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
No, I am not buying this.

A buddy of mine is interested and not a World or Club guy. In fact, not a Porsche guy....yet....

I think it's overpriced. He can get it for less, but how much do you think this car is really worth?

It's absolutely immaculate. And the fact that Foriegn Cars Italia has it says something. If you're ever in Greensboro, NC and need to drool for a bit, stop in. Lambo's, Ferrari's (including an F40 or two), Porsche's C-GT anyone?), Aston's...you name it. So to put a 914 on the floor is a pretty big deal.

http://inventory.foreigncarsitalia.com/for...CYL/9140431350/
kerensky
Wow.

Yes, 48K is very high for this car.

And yet, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd call these guys Monday morning. Very nice looking car from the pics. I'd guess this car has been restored and probably at a premium price point, thus the high price tag.
naro914
thoughts on what its really worth?

Would $38k be 'reasonable'.

As most can see from my cars, I am not a concours perfect car guy. I am a 'drive the hell out of it' car guy, so I don't know what perfect and authentic is worth... but, my buddies think I am the 914 guru in the area...go figure...
Zundfolge
If he wants concours, based on the photos that's a good candidate (but probably a little overpriced).

For much less I'd rather have this one http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108546

Note that this one (which isn't quite as clean but still pretty doggone clean) is listed at $32k
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108488
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think that if this car is what it looks like (wrong carpets and wrong tachometer) It is a good price at the 38 thousand the guy will take for it. If the guy has pics of the floor underneath and a history of the car and that history is sort of virginal, then the car is a good buy. We will all regret the day we passed this one by.

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:56 PM) *

A buddy of mine is interested and not a World or Club guy. In fact, not a Porsche guy....yet....

I think it's overpriced. He can get it for less, but how much do you think this car is really worth?

It's absolutely immaculate. And the fact that Foriegn Cars Italia has it says something. If you're ever in Greensboro, NC and need to drool for a bit, stop in. Lambo's, Ferrari's (including an F40 or two), Porsche's C-GT anyone?), Aston's...you name it. So to put a 914 on the floor is a pretty big deal.

windforfun
How badly does he want it?
Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 16 2010, 03:13 PM) *

I think that if this car is what it looks like (wrong carpets and wrong tachometer) It is a good price at the 38 thousand the guy will take for it. If the guy has pics of the floor underneath and a history of the car and that history is sort of virginal, then the car is a good buy. We will all regret the day we passed this one by.

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:56 PM) *

agree.gif

... also wrong door thresholds (should be aluminum not black plastic) & maybe a silver instead of gold "914-6" badge (hard to tell from the pix, & I'm not sure, but those Mahle wheels may be repros?? (worth a backside check for Porsche part nos. at that price). There are probably other detail items out of sync with OEM, which could point to a resto vs well preserved 914-6.

Given the above, it may be a resto, so - while I love that blue personally - it had better be correct paint & interior & matching nos. per the COA at this price (or even at $38k+/-), they should also be able to document with continuous service records/etc. that it is in fact 111k miles - & not more (either 211k or more with multiple roll-overs of the odo, or a speedo disconnected/in-op), & would need to check out for the usual rust & mechanicals in an independent PPI.
jim_hoyland
See this link for more history: http://www.roadglue.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-399.html

From the914.World VIN database comments:
"for sale online, 06/2008:
original 914-6, completely restored.
Options: options include... 5 speed manual transmission, finland equipment, blaupunkt radio frankfurt, leather steering wheel, white fog lights, tinted windsheild, and side glass.
Reserve not met US $36,100.00
"
carr914
In a Good Economy - the Lowest Acceptable $38K, in a Runaway Economy lol-2.gif - Their asking Price $$49K. Now I would think if they got offered $35K, they should run with the money to the Bank.

Nice Car beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 16 2010, 03:32 PM) *
it may be a resto

Most certainly a resto ... It has been repainted, and not just on the outside ...

And i agree with the Dr., we need pics of the underside. It looks like a nice car, but $48k is a good $15k too high, IMHO.

popcorn[1].gif Andy
dlee6204
If you're ever in Greensboro, NC and need to drool for a bit, stop in. Lambo's, Ferrari's (including an F40 or two), Porsche's C-GT anyone?), Aston's...you name it. So to put a 914 on the floor is a pretty big deal.

I never miss an opportunity to drive by Foreign Cars Italia. drooley.gif Its pretty neat they have a 914 there.
buhs914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 16 2010, 05:56 PM) *

If you're ever in Greensboro, NC and need to drool for a bit, stop in. Lambo's, Ferrari's (including an F40 or two), Porsche's C-GT anyone?), Aston's...you name it. So to put a 914 on the floor is a pretty big deal.

I never miss an opportunity to drive by Foreign Cars Italia. drooley.gif Its pretty neat they have a 914 there.

Oh yeah definitely! agree.gif I remember driving passed that place quite a few times when I lived in NC.
Ericv1

I'm becoming a fan of the gas burners. A nice set is very expensive.
914Sixer
Overpriced, missing center deposit. Real world price $25k-$30k maybe.
JoeSharp
Super clean cars have been selling for just over 30K and I don't recall seeing any of them coming with the orignal engine or trany. I would really like to see them reach 50K, maybe in ten years. But thats not today.
Tom_T
Here's one I just saw FS in SF Bay area at $35k - Andy & the guys up there probably know this 70 914-6 & can speak to it, but it seems like it's price is more realistic, unless one likes to pay the posh-car-dealer extra $15k mark-up! biggrin.gif

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...219771&st=0
Tom_T
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 16 2010, 03:39 PM) *

From the914.World VIN database comments:
"for sale online, 06/2008:
original 914-6, completely restored.
Options: options include... 5 speed manual transmission, finland equipment, blaupunkt radio frankfurt, leather steering wheel, white fog lights, tinted windsheild, and side glass.
Reserve not met US $36,100.00 "

IIRC - this below is the "Finland Equipment" biggrin.gif

.... or is that the Danish, Swedish or Norwegian special equipment package - I forget. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

shades.gif
Rav914
I think this car was discussed on the Early S Registry in the "other Porsches for sale" forum? It looks familiar. IIRC there were issues.....
6freak
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 16 2010, 05:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 16 2010, 03:32 PM) *
it may be a resto

Most certainly a resto ... It has been repainted, and not just on the outside ...

And i agree with the Dr., we need pics of the underside. It looks like a nice car, but $48k is a good $15k too high, IMHO.

popcorn[1].gif Andy

agree.gif ...no black paint or under coating on top of the front strut mount inside front trunk.....super nice car though I give it a 10
naro914
My understanding is that the owner (FCI is consigning it) spent $60k + to restore it. Without seeing it in person, I would imagine that any issues have been addressed, but that is just my guess.

If they would let it go for just under $40, is it worth it? I see opinions in this thread all over the place... smile.gif
Cairo94507
Every time I see that car I wish I had it. It makes me want to finish my six in that color and I have come to love the gas burners. I think that car would be worth $40K to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.