Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Team NARP presents the "No Actual Reason Party"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JoeSharp
We were sitting around yesterday and talking about not having a jsharp.gif for quite some time. I had not noticed anyone from out of state buying a car here or any other reason to party. In the past we have done 10 to 12 jsharp.gif a year.
This reminded me of something Howard said in response to a thread that asked, What does NARP mean? Howard's response was "No Actual Reason Party". God bless and rest his sole.
So I started looking for a date that we could gather. What I found was that the soonest we could gather was about the second weekend of August. So I did a search (yes I try to use that button too) and what I found is that time happens to coincide with the third anniversary Howard's premature departure from our realm. How apropo.
So.... Come one come all, lets have a ball.
At Team NARP Headquarters.
August the 7Th at 11:00 am.
I have suggested a ride in the morning and Thomas said Ortega as we did for the Toys for Tots run. The details should be worked out here later in this thread.
I'll need to know how many people can make it, so if you can come please post here.
jim_hoyland
Cool ! smile.gif
ConeDodger
Cool! The SoCal guys are partying on the same day as the NorCal boys! California 914's rock!!! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Looks like fun.... there appears to be some mystique in SoCal... w00t.gif
yeahmag
I'd like to try and make it. Put me down as tentative.

-Aaron
silver74insocal
i would definetly like to come !! and let me know if i can help in any way piratenanner.gif
Dave
Steve
I would love to come and also help for once. Let me know if you need any help.
KELTY360
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 17 2010, 07:18 AM) *

Cool! The SoCal guys are partying on the same day as the NorCal boys! California 914's rock!!! biggrin.gif

And then the party moves to the NW the next day! jsharp.gif Great minds I tell you.

beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 17 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Just let me know if you are bring the girls, I'll tone down the chili. biggrin.gif
76-914
Love to but WITW is NARP HQ? Unless that is Slits shop I haven't the foggiest.

EDIT - And yes, let's do an early run. Some of us did Ortega in May and it's great but you need to be off it by 9am or expect traffic.
proto31
Count me in coach!
yeahmag
Joe,

It looks like the next PCA event is at El Toro the next day. What were your times yesterday? I noticed a few things that may help to point out...
Elliot Cannon
I've spoken with my manager, agent and travel stecretary and all have agreed to keep that weekend open for me. So barring any unforseen problems I will be there. driving.gif
JoeSharp
Team NARP Headquaters is my home. PM me for the address.
Arron: We are doing this on Saturday because of the A/X. My times got down to a 62.9 and a 63.0. The first thing I need to do is learn to read the cones as with the laps I did yesterday bring my total to about 30.
yeahmag
That's a pretty good time! TTOD was in the high 58's from Steve Abbot with the Corvette. I got down in to the high 64's before my carb ejected it's idle mixture screw. I found the screw and held it in with some racers tape, but then had a bad case of "falling off #4 spark plug wire". I managed to damage the end while diving in to the engine compartment during the heat of battle.

Hope I get to come the BBQ. PM is on it's way.

-Aaron
Als914
Sounds like a great time for my first time. Count me in. I will pm you for headquarter address.

Al
SLITS
Joe, don't bother lighting the BBQ ... just throw the stuff on the asphalt/concrete ... it's hot enough to cook it there. biggrin.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jul 19 2010, 02:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 17 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Just let me know if you are bring the girls, I'll tone down the chili. biggrin.gif

Thanks Joe!! But now that they are older all they care about is money, a ride to there friends house, a ride to the mall, a ride to the movie theatre, etc..
914pwr
Nice! I'll try to make it...its been been a while for me. What should I bring?

Tim
JoeSharp
Hey Tim, good to hear from you. Bring your Dad.
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif I have been getting great responces from hear, NARP and off line. Skline stopped by the other day. This party is long overdue. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif bs.gif popcorn[1].gif av-943.gif
dlo914
I'll try to make it. I need a breather from life.
JoeSharp
Dan: Do you hear anything from Robert?
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif for the jsharp.gif
JoeSharp
Another icon_bump.gif for the jsharp.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif Any word on the am drive ?
JoeSharp
Hey Jim, I haven't heard anything about the drive as of yet.
Seven Days
Looks like more than 20 people are going to try to make it. I'll be starting the jsharp.gif at 11:00am so a ride from the look-out at 9:14 down to the beach should get you guys here be then.

Same old menu:
Links
Brachs
Polish
Bacon, Avocado, Cheese Burgers
And of course Chili....
Bring your favorite beverage and a chair.
proto31
I'd like to make sure that s drive happens if enough people want to come. What drive did you have in Mind Joe? I was thinking Ortega hwy then up PCH?

Dan
proto31
Sorry for not being too involved lately, I've been working on my house lately, this is where I used to watch TV 2 weeks ago....

Click to view attachment
KaptKaos
It's official, I won't be able to make it. I'll be in the woods.

Sorry Joe. Hope everyone has a great time!
JoeSharp
Hey Dan, thats the route I thought you guys used on the Toys for Tots run, and it worked out really well for me on the "Q". If you guys meet at the Look-out you get to do the Highway two times.
Give me a call, I'd like to see the house.
proto31
I'd like to get a count of how many people would like to do a group drive prior to the BBQ? If enough people want to do it I'll try to set something up.

Dan
Socalandy
Where's the starting point for the drive?? I'm in if I dont get paged for work icon14.gif
proto31
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 4 2010, 11:35 AM) *

Where's the starting point for the drive?? I'm in if I dont get paged for work icon14.gif

Open to suggestions on the route and meeting place, need some more input.
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif Gonna be nice to see everyone again smile.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif See you guys at 1100 or earlier (I hate going thru the Ortega after 0900 barf.gif )
Robert21
I should be there if i can . Will be good to see everyone
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif

Sleepin
Is anyone there? ....I can't be, feels like I am missing out!

Steve
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 7 2010, 10:54 AM) *

Is anyone there? ....I can't be, feels like I am missing out!

Too Funny!!!
This could be you if you buy Elliott's car!!! Total Chick Magnet!!

Great to see everyone today!!! Thanks Joe for your awesome hospitality and famous barbeque!!!

-Steve
76-914
Thanks Joe. It was a good time for all attending and a treat at the chow line. I'm glad I got to meet you. Your a regular guy. See you in Moab.
jim_hoyland
Thanks Joe; as usual, great friends, great food, and great cars. I'll post pics I took tomorrow.
JoeSharp
Yep!!! Good Times with Good People. 25 to be exact and 14 914's. Elliot came down from Paso Robles and John came out from Vagas. Amaizing that no one had to work on thier cars.
ConeDodger
Hey!!! You guys had more Narpettes than we did!!! mad.gif
914pwr
Always great to talk 914's. Thanks again Joe.

Tim
McMark
Yeah, but we took pictures to PROVE our events happen. happy11.gif
qa1142
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

jim_hoyland
More to come later this am..
jim_hoyland
Some cars:
Joe Sharps and Kent Moores original sixes:
jim_hoyland
Ron ( Slits) converted 6, Dan ( Proto31) new conversion, and Elliots screeming yellow zonker...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.