Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Linkage Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
damnfiknow
Surfing the forums or maybe google I recall reading well explained instructions on adusting shifting at the shift lever. It addressed the relationship of the tunnel shift rod to the lever geometry. Can anyone direct me to instructions like this?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(damnfiknow @ Jul 17 2010, 09:57 AM) *

Surfing the forums or maybe google I recall reading well explained instructions on adusting shifting at the shift lever. It addressed the relationship of the tunnel shift rod to the lever geometry. Can anyone direct me to instructions like this?

You're more likely to get a good answer if you tell us what kind of transmission you have, tail shift or side shift.

The Cap'n
damnfiknow
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 17 2010, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(damnfiknow @ Jul 17 2010, 09:57 AM) *

You're more likely to get a good answer if you tell us what kind of transmission you have, tail shift or side shift.

The Cap'n

Sideshift in a '74
Lennies914
Dr. Evil recently posted some good instructions.

Try;
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00240834...2%3Aajvfxschcgc
Dr Evil
Quick link is in my sig, 31pgs of notes smile.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 17 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Quick link is in my sig, 31pgs of notes smile.gif

Just did this today!! Page #9 on Dr. Evil notes.. Thanks Dr. Evil, works perfectly... Worked it out on 3rd gear.. Be advised to drive on it before you zip it all up.. Sometimes it may seen like you got it sitting in the car and shifting into all gears but drive it too, as to make certain all gears are smooth and silky under load.. twice I thought I had it easily and then first would come up stiffer, redo, ect.. until perfect..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.