Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anybody in the NW know about VW Buses?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
I know this is completly off topic....it is sort of type 4 related though....

I have a friend who is planning on buying a 78 or 79 VW Bus that actually has an automatic trans instead of a manual....the trans needs to be fixed apparently it wont go into forward only reverse....anybody got any insight on these buses with auto trans that is up in the NW?

Thanks....

Steve
Bleyseng
the full auto trannys are pretty good units, suck some hp to make the bus even slower but still work good.
Daryl at AAtransaxle is the guy to call about repairing/rebuilding one.
Do it yourself? nah, parts are a little hard to find...could be it just dirty and needs a new filter or something small but should be serviced by a guy who knows em.

Ask on Itinerant-air-cooled.com or thesamba.com
quadracerx
Thanks so much...we are going to look at the bus on Monday....it has a factory sunroof....hope its functional.....I heard they are a b....ch to repair?

Thanks again...

Steve
TC 914-8
Look up Aircooled technoligy, or somthing like that, near Anacortes. I checked his web site once before he KNOWS VW's
Gary
It's Provolks. Nate is a member here. He's doing a 2056 for my bug...
Bleyseng
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Jul 18 2010, 11:31 AM) *

Thanks so much...we are going to look at the bus on Monday....it has a factory sunroof....hope its functional.....I heard they are a b....ch to repair?

Thanks again...

Steve

79 Cali exhaust parts are impossilbe to fine along with the sliding roof parts...Good luck.
Rust is the killer on buses too, the windshield lip under the rubber gasket is prone to rust and not fun to fix, ask me! welder.gif
quadracerx
Im gonna go look at this with my buddy tommarow or possibly tues....thanks for the heads up on the windshield area...I already knew about the sunroof parts...and its almost like the sunroof has to work or no deal..LOL

Anybody know about a good tow company that will tow approx. 45-50 inexpensively?

Thanks again for the help...

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.