Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went for a walk in the neighborhood tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I am pretty stoked. I went for a walk in my neighborhood with the family tonight and a newer neighbor around the corner had a very original, very clean, green 914-6 that he is restoring for his wife. I told him about 914world and will meet up with him in the next week or so to talk more. What is the odds of finding a neighbor with a 914-6. Kinda cool if you ask me.
rick 918-S
assimilate.gif
Betty
"What is the odds of finding a neighbor with a 914-6."

We said pretty much the exact same thing when we found out the people moving in right next door to us had a 914 the guy has owned since it was brand new. I tried to figure out the mathematical odds, got into the millions and gave up. biggrin.gif
jcambo7
smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 18 2010, 12:57 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I know. I know. I pointed my neighbor to the 914World and if he is interested I let him post his pictures. I also believe that his VIN is not in the registry or Stazak's 914-6 registry.
computers4kids
Michael,
You need to keep your car now! Very cool about your neighbor. aktion035.gif
Sleepin
Awesome! I wish one of my neighbors was a Teener Head!
campbellcj
Restoring for his wife lol-2.gif
campbellcj
AFAIK there is only 1 Porsche around my neighborhood, and it's an SC or 3.2 Carrera. Mostly minivans and SUV's around here. However a guy around the corner has a Shelby GT350.
EdwardBlume
Its even more rare to see them on the road....... driving.gif
Andyrew
Rob, I agree. The majority of the 914's I see on the road (90%), in my area are forum members.

Drums66
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 18 2010, 10:21 AM) *

However a guy around the corner has a Shelby GT350.

boldblue.gif w00t.gif yikes.gif new_shocked.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jul 18 2010, 07:22 AM) *

Michael,
You need to keep your car now! Very cool about your neighbor. aktion035.gif

I have absolutely no plans on getting rid of my /6. I don't even want to think of how bad things would have to get for me to sell it. Knock on wood.
Michael N
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 18 2010, 09:20 AM) *

Restoring for his wife lol-2.gif

That is funny to me as my wife has a Bumble Bee she lets me drive whenever I want. biggrin.gif

He does have quite a quiver of cars including a BMW 2002 and Sunbeam Tiger.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Sunbeams as I have owned 2 Sunbeam alpines in the past. My first car (age 15) was a 1967 Alpine powered by a Toyota 20R engine. I bought it with paper route money. That car was a little screamer. I bought another Alpine years later but sold it because I got tired of people asking if it was a Tiger.
roadster fan
smilie_pokal.gif that is too cool.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.