Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Done squirting paint, except for some rattle can stone guard black for the rockers and valences. Time to sand out and buff......

Click to view attachment
McMark
aktion035.gif
Mary Shortridge
Re: "rattle can stone guard black"
Can you give me more details? I have been trying to figure out what to do with my rockers... they are already chipped up, body shop evidently didn't prime the bare metal. I was considering powder coating, then heard from others that might not be the best.
Thanks!
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 18 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Can you give me more details? I have been trying to figure out what to do with my rockers... they are already chipped up, body shop evidently didn't prime the bare metal. I was considering powder coating, then heard from others that might not be the best.
Thanks!

SEM makes a trim paint that goes on bumpy. You can get it at most any autobody paint shop. They also make a satin-ish trim black that I have seen used on roofs and it looks really good.
scotty b
smile.gif
silver74insocal
aww man one pic? lets see the whole sha banga bang!! looks great beer.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Jul 18 2010, 08:56 PM) *

aww man one pic? lets see the whole sha banga bang!! looks great beer.gif

Ok, not a great pic....but here you go. She's not perfect, but then, its not planned to be a show car, gonna drive the bejesus out of her.....

Click to view attachment

Cupomeat
Now, HOLD ON ONE SECOND...

Be careful what you state about your Bejeezus emissions, as the fed might start regulating, dare I say, TAXING, those emissions...
av-943.gif or sad.gif (you decide)

Your car looks great!
jeffdon
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 19 2010, 07:01 AM) *

Be careful what you state about your Bejeezus emissions, as the fed might start regulating, dare I say, TAXING, those emissions...

Your car looks great!

Thanks man! And now, i got a ton of color sanding, buffing, and polishing to do. The work is ENDLESS. headbang.gif First car i have painted in over 20 yrs, and i swear, its the last one.

Question for all...do i REALLY need to take out the windshield and replace all my plastic clips for the trim? Anyone ever replace it without out removing the glass? All but two of my clips are in place.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 19 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Your car looks great!

Thanks man! And now, i got a ton of color sanding, buffing, and polishing to do. The work is ENDLESS. headbang.gif First car i have painted in over 20 yrs, and i swear, its the last one.

Question for all...do i REALLY need to take out the windshield and replace all my plastic clips for the trim? Anyone ever replace it without out removing the glass? All but two of my clips are in place.

Ok, If you took your old trim out, it generally results in breaking the trim clips.
In order to properly put them in, you need to take the windshield out (unless your windshield is undersized and have enough space in the channel.

Now, if you are only missing two clips, they aren't together and in a corner and they are all in good shape, you could try to just install the trim as is.

I hope that helps.

jeffdon
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 19 2010, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 19 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Your car looks great!

Ok, If you took your old trim out, it generally results in breaking the trim clips.
In order to properly put them in, you need to take the windshield out (unless your windshield is undersized and have enough space in the channel.

Now, if you are only missing two clips, they aren't together and in a corner and they are all in good shape, you could try to just install the trim as is.

I hope that helps.

Thanks.....unfortunatly,. they are at the top, and together. Had the window changed many years ago, pre 914world. Hell, almost pre-internet. Going to give it a shot and see how it goes.
Root_Werks
Probably one of my favorite colors on a 914, looks great!

Keep the progress pictures coming.

jeffdon
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 19 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Probably one of my favorite colors on a 914, looks great!

Keep the progress pictures coming.

Thanks. I am a firm believer in Silver German cars, Red Italian, BRG British.
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 18 2010, 12:30 PM) *

Thanks!

SEM makes a trim paint that goes on bumpy. You can get it at most any autobody paint shop. They also make a satin-ish trim black that I have seen used on roofs and it looks really good.

THANKS! Gonna get me some and give it a try....
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jul 19 2010, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 18 2010, 12:30 PM) *

Thanks!

THANKS! Gonna get me some and give it a try....

Make sure you use the trim black, not trim black "stone guard" on the roof. Our roofs already have texture.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.