Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble installing windshield trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
narino

So I've managed to get most of the trim snapped in to the clips, all excepte for 4 clips. After reading some tips I trimmed back some of the sealant behind the clips which let me snap one more in.

Cutting back the sealant really helped with one particular clip. Although, I did slip a little and chip some paint off. F#$%! Now I'm paranoid it's going to rust there. But after fighting that clip for so long I do not look forward to pulling the trim off to touch up the paint.

I still have 3 more clips that just do not want to recieve the trim. Does anyone have have any other tricks on snapping this damn trim back in?

Thanks in advance,

beer.gif

markb
These are one-use only clips, so if you have to pull the trim off, you need to replace them. Put some blue painters masking tape down on the area you're working on to help keep from messing up the paint.
I have this problem too. In my case it was because the windshield was installed a little off kilter by the PO. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.