Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver side Window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
How much adjustment is there in the driver side window? Mine looks like the picture below. I have not had a chance to dig into the door to see what the issue might be. Based on my measurements I think that the windshield is straight and the door itself is pretty straight so what might be causing this?

Click to view attachment
detoxcowboy
Open you door and look under at the bottom of it, the is an adjuster there that corellates to your issue. If you back off the 13mm nut then you can adjust inward or outwards, forward and rear.. if that does help the fix, then there is a 10mm nut inside the door panel that holds that same window guide to the inside of door. If it came out then your adjustment will not stay in place for long..

you may find it easier for some of the adjustments to roll your window down or up as the case may be.. basically for that one, whihc is the easiest of the window adjustment, I loosen everything as much as possible without losing the adjuster from its capabilites.. then close the door line up the adjustment hold it carefully while you open the door and then tighten in that position.,. can b tricky.

year of 914 matters on some of the mechanisms but I do not think so on this one, see what you can do.. my exerience is from a 74 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.