Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Need Rear wheelbearing dimensions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
okieflyr
I'm going to do a 911 e-brake conversion and have been gathering parts. The hub I aquired is supposed to be from a 73 911. I'm looking for the rear bearing specs to make sure that this will fit the 914 bearing. The width of the bearing "seat" on the hub to the stub axle, looks to be approx 35mm. A little wider from what I (don't) remember of the bearings I installed a couple of years ago.

Thanks, KB
pilothyer
Kevin...........the width of mine measures 1.456 in or 37 mm x 2.954 in or 75 mm
jaxdream
If it's the non hub centric hub ( no ears around center where the nut goes ) you are fine with using a 914 wheel bearing as they are the same bearing / dimenions are the same. If it's the hub centric hub from 74-89 , you can still use the 914 bearing , just need to get a set ( 2 ) of 5mm spacer rings , slide them up to the shoulder on the wheel side then install in the 914 bearing / trailing arm as usual.
Good luck . check out some of the threads on 911 rear E-brake setup , especially the part about the shoe anchor / spreader ( approx. 40mm ).

Jack / Jaxdream
okieflyr
Thanks for the measurments Jerry, it looks ok so far.
Jack, I got a cable kit from Chris @ Tangerine racing, and have been searching back to some of the previous up designs that have been shared. I'd like to do this without removing the arms, but I suck at welding upside down. I can tell that it would be much easier with them off, so we'll see what the garage temp is going to be once I get started.
jaxdream
Removimg the arm is not that complicated , one 22mm nut on back of arm , 27mm nut on strut mount , 3 bolts up in the outer arm cup , and you're down. Just don't mix up the shimm stacks for caster , of course if you would rather not mess up you're alignment leave it on . To use the 911 backing plate you have to grind down the shoulders of the bearing boss some , it varies from arm to arm and the dust shield tab off the side of the boss area. Good luck... ( arms off definately easier ) just need realignment afterwards. Yep it's been hot here too , more like all over!!!

Jack / Jaxdream
PRS914-6
If you need a set of spacers, I have an extra set for $25.00
jaxdream
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jul 18 2010, 07:50 PM) *

If you need a set of spacers, I have an extra set for $25.00

Wish I had gotten mine from you , but found out you sold after purchace from Pat Moto Spts, but worked out ok.

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.