Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flogging Factory Cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
What could be better....
A 2011 CayenneS, Cayenne Turbo both with 8 speed (yes eight) tiptronics
A Panamera Turbo with 7 speed PDK and every push button electronic helper including launch control
A BoxsterS with PDK
A C4S cab with PDK

all for us to drive around a very nice smooth transition AX course with Porsche Driving Experience instructors...
Tons of fun 4 wheel drifting the Cayennes around the course with a bit of oposite lock....
These instructors are used to driving around with total newbies when it comes to car control and speed.

definite fun flogging the factory cars, with their gas and tires on the line.
Krieger
Sounds cool. Where were you at?
DanT
at our usual GGR site at Alameda...
great day, some goodies for all of us, some food and lots of driving brand new factory cars. biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
Porsche guys bitch about Porsche building "trucks", but the Cayenne is a very impressive vehicle.
championgt1
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DanT
since there were no work assignments, there wasn't much time to stand around and take pics. About 10 minutes between driving each of 5 different vehicles....
There will probably be a couple of pics trickle in eventually. We had 4 current 914 owners in attendance along with several former 914 owners...All AXers and/or DE/TTers, so we were having a very good time.
Eric_Shea
Thoughts?
DanT
I was impressed with both of the Cayennes....best SUV I have ever driven.
even in standard mode the Turbo was impressive, but once the sport mode was engaged it was like driving a very well behaved sedan, instead of a tall SUV.
The new 2011 Cayennes are over 400#s lighter than the the out going model.
a bit wider and a bit longer. More interior room and the cabin looks very much like the new Panamera.
Very high end, with just about every gadget available...even the air suspension that lets you raise or lower the truck for a total of almost 8 inches...
Would make a great tow vehicle for smaller trailers.
Of course my tow vehicle is 365HP and 660#ft of torque....

But for an SUV I just doubt there is anything out there that can compare on several levels.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jul 18 2010, 07:40 PM) *

agree.gif

You're out having fun while I'm changing diapers.... not cool....

DanT
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 18 2010, 09:36 PM) *

agree.gif

sorry Rob, my diaper changing days are long over. As a matter of fact my last of 3 is getting married in Grass Valley next Saturday....
Now we are just waiting to see which of the 3 (all married) is the first to produce the next generation that needs diaper attention biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(DanT @ Jul 18 2010, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 18 2010, 09:36 PM) *

agree.gif

sorry Rob, my diaper changing days are long over. As a matter of fact my last of 3 is getting married in Grass Valley next Saturday....
Now we are just waiting to see which of the 3 (all married) is the first to produce the next generation that needs diaper attention biggrin.gif

Grass Valley?? tooth.gif

It goes by fast doesn't it?
DanT
It is actually very nice up there....she has a very nice home in Auburn on a hill side where you can see Sacramento in the evenings...
It is just a little house of about 6,000 square feet on 3/4 acre....built in 1907 smile.gif
koozy
Yep. It sure was fun. 500 horsepower Pano Turbo with launch control was a hoot but I'd take the turbo SUV for towing the race car trailer.
DanT
pic by Mike Koozmin of my new car at the event.... biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
WooHoo!

On the road, sweet!

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.