Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pass door Glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
76-914
Someone wanted the pass glass I had until I pointed out it was tinted. Then I thought about this forum so thought I'd check here. Did Porsche make a very light green factory tint side glass? I know it's off an early door (lightweight) because the door it's off of is now on my car. If one of you guys needs it let me know. Free for local pick up.
Tom_T
Tinted glass at the windshield &/or sides (roll-up & triangle windows) was an option at all years, but never tinted the rear wdo. (it was shaded by the rollbar/sails anyway).

My early-73 2L (8/72 build date) has "tinted glass all around" (sides & windshield - not rear) on the COA under options, & Has had them since I bought it used in 12/75 (3 yrs. old).

It is a green tinted safety glass, as you can see in this pic of pass wdo.

Click to view attachment

scotty b
2 versions next to each other. The tinted was the " Spain or Spanish option " IIRC
rgalla9146
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 10 2011, 11:17 AM) *

2 versions next to each other. The tinted was the " Spain or Spanish option " IIRC

I don't know about the Spain or Spanish reference but I agree that tinted glass was an option throughout production.
I have it on my '70 and my '75 and neither was ever in Spain
The tint is a bit subtle. To be sure check the markings. Plain is Dolour 1, Tinted is
Delour F
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.