Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Research my engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
Where can I input my engine serial number to find out information about it, the year, and find a book on it. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 19 2010, 03:15 PM) *

Where can I input my engine serial number to find out information about it, the year, and find a book on it. smile.gif

This is a start ...

http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php

shades.gif Andy
jcambo7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 19 2010, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 19 2010, 03:15 PM) *

This is a start ...

http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php

shades.gif Andy

What if it is from a 911 and not a 914? The engine is a 2.2 L E block. The serial # on the blocks are 901 101 101.2R on the right side and the left side is 901 101 102.1R.
sixnotfour
The numbers will tell you nothing except what is was new.
its a 2.0T engine case, crank, rods, heads ported 36-35, 2.2Epistons, cast iron cylinders ,laye model distributor.new rings bearings chains ,valve guides ,etc.
its a budget frankenstein motor.
Like I said save your money for a 3.2
jcambo7
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 19 2010, 06:07 PM) *

The numbers will tell you nothing except what is was new.
its a 2.0T engine case, crank, rods, heads ported 36-35, 2.2Epistons, cast iron cylinders ,laye model distributor.new rings bearings chains ,valve guides ,etc.
its a budget frankenstein motor.
Like I said save your money for a 3.2

I am still trying to figure out why I am not getting any ignition and I was trying to see which cylinder is #1 so I could test the distributor. I tried the MSD troubleshooting link you put on my other post but the wires are different colors than the trouble shooting sheet shows so its kind of confusing me. I'm hoping effotuo101 calls me back.
sixnotfour
porsche 6 cylinder motors #1 cylinder in a 914 is the front right cylinder.
If you left the key on you may have fried the pertronix, which is a points replacement.

like if you left the key on so the girl friend could listen to some tunes.
SLITS
#1 cylinder on a flat six is the one closest to the distributor ... In a 911, it is the rearmost cylinder on the left side, facing the engine (remember, in a 911, the engine is backasswards).

If put into a 914, it is the front cylinder on the passenger side.

Passenger side bank is cylinders 1,2,3

Driver side bank is cylinders 4,5,6

Distributor rotation is clockwise until you hit the '78 - '79 Turbo & SC engines then they reverse the rotation.

firing order 1-6-2-4-3-5
jcambo7
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 19 2010, 06:43 PM) *

porsche 6 cylinder motors #1 cylinder in a 914 is the front right cylinder.
If you left the key on you may have fried the pertronix, which is a points replacement.

like if you left the key on so the girl friend could listen to some tunes.

I know that that didn't happen. I was all by myself and I have never just left the key in to have leave the battery to power stuff. I have always had the engine on to have music, lights, etc... on. Thanks for all the help everyone! I will continue to trouble shoot. I just got off the phone with effutuo101 and he gave me some things to try so I am going to try them out and see what happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.