Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Terminal Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
On our cars, the battery terminal has the main connection running to the starter, and four harness lines plugging into the side (bolted on)...

Does it matter?

Can the large terminal connect to the 4 lines, and the side connection run the starter?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 19 2010, 07:24 PM) *

On our cars, the battery terminal has the main connection running to the starter, and four harness lines plugging into the side (bolted on)...

Does it matter?

Can the large terminal connect to the 4 lines, and the side connection run the starter?

As long as everything "hot" is somehow connected to the "hot" lead, I can't see why not, though I've never tried it.
Pat
ArtechnikA
'Back In The Day' (Olden Tymes) batteries had but one terminal of each flavor. Since you're using modern stuff, do whatever seems to fit best and safest. If it doesn't work, put it back the way you know works now...
Tom
A pic would help, but remember the current that is being used thru the connection. Starter 100 amps more or less. Other wires much less (8-25).
Connection needs to support that.
Tom
Als914
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 19 2010, 06:24 PM) *

Does it matter?

Sorry, no pic's but I have an Optima battery and have the positive starter cable connected to a cut-off switch in the trunk and from there to the top main battery post. I have four FI leads from my harnes connected to the positve side post of the battery. This makes a clean looking connection.
Before I had the four post Optima battery I had all of the above connections at the top, positive post of the battery. It was very crowded up there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.