Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to Remove Mirror Glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I'm going to be painting my 911 flag mirrors and want to dis-assemble them in order to do a proper job. I expect you have to remove the mirror glass in order to also remove the black plastic surround. I seem to recall a thread some years ago that I think mentioned something about de-coupling a locking ring through an access slot on the bottom of the mirror surround. (or) Do you even have to remove the glass to take off the surround?

Thanks,

Andys
scotty b
I believe you do. there is a small hole on the underside of the mirror ousing. Insert a small screwdriver into it, angage the plastic ring and push ( tyrn ) it until it unlocks. That will release the mirror. You will probably have to GENTLY pry under the egde to get it to come out. Use something fairly soft like a wooden paint mixing stick, or a piece of rigid rubber or plastic. Now you can access the inside and get the rubber ring off. I donlt recall exactly how that is attatched as Iahevn't messed with a flag mirror in a while.
jaxdream
If you have an access hole on bottom ,do as scotyb said , once mirror glass is off , the screws inside hold the black rubber outter on . Be careful of your wiring. If it doesn't have an access hole on bottom , you gently pry the glass out , some styles had little sockets that the mirror glass snapped into , same with the rubber surround and such. There is a thread on here about mounting them , if you have not all ready. Good luck....... driving.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.