Full Version: OT: forget it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mipstien
forget it
porschecb
popcorn[1].gif
QUOTE(mipstien @ Jul 20 2010, 02:01 PM) *

important for me anyways.
does anyone have ferrets and do you know a lot about their illnesses?

mipstien
forget it
zymurgist
You might do better asking this question on a ferret site... just sayin'...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 20 2010, 01:34 PM) *

You might do better asking this question on a ferret site... just sayin'...

OMG!!!! This isn't a ferret site??? What the hell have I done to my poor ferret!!
SLITS
Well, if you're English, you tie your pants legs shut and drop one down each leg.

I don't remember.
Eric_Shea
I had a ferrett with an illness...

IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif that's one of the funniest things I've seen all day. Where do you find this stuff Eric?
windforfun
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 20 2010, 03:31 PM) *

I had a ferrett with an illness...

IPB Image

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Sleepin
Mine liked to swim... and hide shiny stuff:

black73
QUOTE(mipstien @ Jul 20 2010, 04:32 PM) *

forget it

I can't! hissyfit.gif
FourBlades

My wife is a vet, what is wrong with your ferret?

John
mipstien
not eating, losing weight and the poo is black tar and liquid. she also pooped a piece of rubber yesterday. there aren't any vets around that will see her until next wednesday sad.gif*
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Ferrets-2277/20...erret-stool.htm
everything i have found points to something lodged in there bodies, like the rubber. im hoping there is something else i can do before i get to the vet.
Root_Werks
I'm no vet, but it sounds like her stomach acids are trying to disolve something toxic. We've had kitties that liked to eat just about anything.

They make kitty stuff that makes them poo....a lot. Wonder if it would work on a ferret?
mipstien
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 20 2010, 11:50 PM) *

I'm no vet, but it sounds like her stomach acids are trying to disolve something toxic. We've had kitties that liked to eat just about anything.

They make kitty stuff that makes them poo....a lot. Wonder if it would work on a ferret?

they can take that stuff but im starting to consider it too late. she is so weak now.
what is the laxative?
ripper911
Tarry stool = Blood
I'm no vet, but thats what I learned in school.
FourBlades

Wife says that sounds very serious. Ferrets often develop tumors or ulcers
in the digestive system that bleed causing the tarry stool. The rubbery substance
is probably bowel that has sloughed off. You can try giving one quarter of a
pepcid AC once a day and 1 CC of malox three times a day (using an eye
dropper). Also needs antibiotics. She suggests you need to see a vet as soon as
possible or the situation does not look good. She did not think the problem was
obstruction because they vomit a lot in that case.

Hope this helps.

John
JTarver
There is also a laxative called Vetasyl? You might try that as well. If the ferret is that weak, try some pedialite (spelling). Sometimes the fluids will perk them up enough to finish passing an obstruction. Your best bet is to find out what the animal ate..and prevent this in the future. You mentioned rubber..that concerns me. Where do you keep them?
Anyway, there is also a sugary substrate that will help with their loss of apetite. I forget the name of it, but some research should lead you to it. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Also, you might try some baby food, chicken or turkey flavor if the animal is still eating.

Joe
mipstien
we had to pput her to sleep this morning. Her body locked up and the rubber had torn through her intestines. We still don't know where she got ahold of the rubber. We got her to a vet and they said there was nothing that could have been done even if we had watched her eat the stuff because she was such a small ferret.
*Rip Ruby*
Root_Werks
sad.gif

Never a good thing to see a pet go.

Ferrets are cool and fun.

I say get another one. smile.gif
zymurgist
sad.gif
BigDBass
Sorry for your loss! sad.gif
Sleepin
Wow, sorry for your loss.

When our's died it was like losing a family member and a constant source of fun and entertainment. They are such hoarders, they can be pretty comical. I can't remember how many times I was late to work because ours had stolen my keys and hid them.
mipstien
We have two more still and yep they steal keys all the time. She wass such fun and always a riot to watch because she was so small and the biggest one is so big she always had to prove herself and she did very very well. She will be missed but never forgotten. I'm sure we will still be fiknding stuff she hid from us for years to come.
FourBlades

That is too bad, really sorry about that. sad.gif

One of my buddies had a ferret for years that used to love going swimming in
their pool. A fun and different pet.

John

EdwardBlume
Sorry bud! sad.gif

BTDT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.