Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: approx 914 value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
muncokiho
1975 1.8 yellow mostly original paint 35k miles not started for 15 years so brakes are locked and possibly engine. Some areas are very nice, trunks, interior etc. Needs major dent doctor for door dings. No rust at all. Rubber like new. Need help with value. thanks,cole
underthetire
Without pics....500 bucks. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Silverstreak
Shhh! Never say "no rust" when it comes to these cars. It'll hear you. Like the cats in the move An American Tale.
Root_Werks
agree.gif

Before you can ask a question of value, you need to post many, many pictures of key areas for evaluation.

Most 914's in my mind (unless I know that car) are $500 parts cars sit-unseen.

You could have a $10k gem, but how would anyone know it without being able to see it?
EdwardBlume
agree.gif agree.gif

Take a bunch of pictures and post....
Sleepin
More because it is yellow! lol-2.gif
charliew
35k or 135k? documentation is the only way to know for sure unless you know the seller real well. I know the houston climate real well and really doubt it is rust free unless it has been stored inside a climate controlled area. A rock chip can be rusted through in only a few years near the ship channel from the salt air. Also if the door dings are near the middle the reinforcement bar inside the door makes dents harder to get out. The no rust at all is hard to believe unless you know 914's really well you don't know where to look I promise. They are a completely different car even though they are like a vw they have their own special places to rust. Also if you can't start the motor and drive the transmission through the gears there is no way to asses the value of the drivetrain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.