Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: virtual machine shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Saw and ad for this place:

http://emachineshop.com/index.html

Use their software or import from your own. They give you a price online. Some of the examples show this stuff is expensive unless you are doing a run of >100 pieces.

Would be neat thought to fab nice brackets etc.

dr
TimT
Now this is cool....
ppickerell
Don't deal with those dumbasses when you can buy right from a club member, ME!
www.peridotcorp.com
TimT
Even though I think it appears to be a cool idea

I bet you could end up buying some useless almost fitting parts LOL
TimMartin
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Apr 9 2004, 04:04 PM)
Don't deal with those dumbasses when you can buy right from a club member, ME!
www.peridotcorp.com

So if i wanted to make custom 914/6 aircleaner covers in the basic style of the K&N aluminum covers but with a 914/6 logo on them, and i provided full 2D cad drawings, you could beat the price of eMachineShop?

.tim
Gint
Great question Tim. I could be interested in that myself.
peridotian
As discussed on this board previously CNC machining prices are dependent on quantity ordered. There are so many Internet fronts that this could be an offshore manufacturer with which I would not be competitive. I would be happy to take a look at any club member project and prepare quotes. Is the original part NLA?
jonwatts
Along the same lines, what software is available for the hobbyist that can export to something that will work with a mill, lathe, CNC, etc. PTC had a free version of their Pro/E Desktop that could export to IGES files among other things. Unfortunately it was expire-ware and the product hit end-of-life. So what else is out there in the free, cheap, or borrowed categories?
Mueller
provided full 2D cad drawings

yeck...paper???

Patrick might be able to save you some bucks if done "paperless"...I deal with a machineshop that the average price is 20-30% lower than other shops due to no paper...i send him my Pro/E 3D file and they do the rest.

Is the original part NLA?

AFAIK, this part was never made, sounds like a custom part......

Jon,

let me see what I can dig up for you...and no, it will not be the full-blown version of Pro/E, but you'll like it I'm sure smile.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 13 2004, 09:14 PM)
Jon,

let me see what I can dig up for you...and no, it will not be the full-blown version of Pro/E, but you'll like it I'm sure smile.gif

YAY, I'VE GOT MAIL, YAY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.