Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad exhaust?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william1764
I'm not familar with Triad. Came with the car - looking for feedback.
EdwardBlume
Nice sounding... do a search on YouTube (can't access from work)... and there's one being compared...

I'd consider it a keeper over stock or bursch..
avidfanjpl
You are young. Lay down and take a picture.

I want to see this Triad exhaust!

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl
william1764
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 21 2010, 01:12 PM) *

You are young. Lay down and take a picture.

I want to see this Triad exhaust!

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl

It does sound good, i'll give it that.

no sweat - I'll take a pic and post.
Tom
Made by Dave at Triad West Performance. I have one on my 76. I like it , but I have heard others say different. It is definately a lasting piece, being very well built out of quality gauge steel. Welds are A+. Check out his web site.
Tom
azbill
I have one that I'll sell. It has been ceramic coated, used it for less then 500 miles. Its to loud for me. I must say it is a very good quality build. PM me if anyone is interested.

Bill Shaffer
1988Hawk
I have a triad dual on my 75 with the right tail pointing downward. I love it, great sound!!
type47
I have a Triad on my orange car. Nice.
JmuRiz
I have one myself. Took off the Bursch that came with the car...love the Triad sound and dual pipes.
Lennies914
Thumbs up here. I like mine. Not too loud and seems well built.
Gint
A tad heavy, but it won't rust out on you either. Best sounding aftermarket street exhaust for a 4 IMHO. I have one on my car and I really like it.
william1764
how do you deal with the rear valance? i currently dont have valance but would like to add. Is there an aftermarket valance with dual cut outs for pipes?
Gint
I have one with a rough cutout (just cut in the same shape as the left side) for the right side outlet. I don't have it installed yet though. I bought it from Dana pretty cheap.

Cut yours yourself for free or have a body shop do it nicely for you. For a couple/three hundred bucks you could probably get a decent looking valance done.
championgt1
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
blitZ
I have the dual outlet Triad. I cut the right hole in the valance myself, it's pretty easy. Make a template from cardboard to get the right shape and cut about 1/2 inch less than the template. The extra 1/2 inch is bent inward with with pliers to match the left side. Paint and mount.
william1764
Nice. thanks guys
pcar916
Take that pesky valance off. It's an air-dam anyway and everything (but you) will stay cooler. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.