Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission surgery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jabberwocky
Ok, My transmission keeps on sliping into no mans land in 4th geart and the only way to get it out is by poping out the side shift shifter fingers and reset it into neutral using a screwdriver. Its time to fix this for good

From what I glean on the forum from searching is that the spacing for the 4/5 fork should be set to 2mm vs the specified stock 3mm and this should permanently fix my dilema.
this info was found here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=99374&h

From the haynes manual it said part P260 is needed to allign the shift forks. from some more forum reading i have read a cut transmision case is a better option. do i need either can i make one can i buy one ect?

I do have a tail shifter from my parts car I dont realy want to cut on it just to make a jig but I will to get my teener back on the road faster I can always get another .

So thoughts on if my plan of attack will work as well as what to use for a template

Also what nut bolt ect to loosen to adjust the spacing to 2mm on this point.

Dr Evil please chime in with your all knowing tranmission knowledge.
oh yeah and ill buy a video to when they come out.

hoping to do this this week or weekend in my shop
Thanks all
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(jabberwocky @ Jul 21 2010, 07:40 PM) *

They've been out for a while.
'ect' is not a word.
jabberwocky

Found this at pelican looks to be what im looking for. Any experience does it work? is there a better one?
thanks

www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/S-mart.cgi?command=add&weight=1&itemid=TR-SFJ-001&itemname=Shift%20Fork%20Jig,%20901%20-%20
Dr Evil
Check out my 31pages link below. Your problem is definitely a loose/misaligned shift rod. This also means that you most likely have some more worn parts inside needing replacement.

PS, the video is available now, there are a few copies left. smile.gif
jabberwocky

Thanks Dr. Evil I just sent you some money for a video look forward to learning the transmission. Ill take a look through the notes.

jabberwocky
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 21 2010, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(jabberwocky @ Jul 21 2010, 07:40 PM) *

They've been out for a while.
'ect' is not a word.

Sorry typo etc "et cetera"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.