Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible new 914 idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
So I drew up a quick sketch a while ago and I recently found it in my sketch book. I thought it was a cool idea for a new 914. I based it's styling as a mix between the Cayman and the original 914's lines. Maybe later I'll throw together some other sketches of different angles.
Click to view attachment
McMark
It's got no wheels. Must mean it's on jackstands. Yup, it's a 914. smile.gif
RJMII
looks kind of like a Boxster with a targa top and gills. smile.gif
Andyrew
Save you a step.

IPB Image
EdwardBlume
Its like being clarvoyant after the fact...
buhs914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 22 2010, 12:30 PM) *

Save you a step.

IPB Image

Haha from the side very similar but i've got an interesting idea for the front and rear that will make it very 914ish and less lotus/boxster/cayman-ish..
jcambo7
I am wondering that if they made a new 914 if it would be air cooled? idea.gif I think that would be pretty awesome! biggrin.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 22 2010, 07:43 PM) *

I am wondering that if they made a new 914 if it would be air cooled? idea.gif I think that would be pretty awesome! biggrin.gif

Haha well about 7 years from now I should be somewhere in the automotive mechanical engineering area and maybe I could engineer a modern air cooled engine for a select few models wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jul 22 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Haha well about 7 years from now I should be somewhere in the automotive mechanical engineering area and maybe I could engineer a modern air cooled engine for a select few models wink.gif

That would be sweet! biggrin.gif
arkitect
Go...go.....gooooo. More sketches from different angles.

Dave shades.gif
IronHillRestorations
They make a new 914, it's water cooled and called a Boxster!
nsr-jamie
Good luck with that, the automotive field is very hard to break into now and most people are not hiring...you may want to think aerospace instead.

QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jul 23 2010, 11:52 AM) *

buhs914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 23 2010, 05:31 AM) *

Haha but the only problem is that everyone considers it a Porsche. I want to make another car that is viewed as a NARP to the purists, just to piss them off biggrin.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jul 23 2010, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 23 2010, 05:31 AM) *

Haha but the only problem is that everyone considers it a Porsche. I want to make another car that is viewed as a NARP to the purists, just to piss them off biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif drunk.gif
buhs914
Well I know its been a long while but I've been busy with college and stuff. I also had to practice drawing different angles.. but I've finally sketched up the requested different angles..

Angled Front View (yes i know the hood looks a bit long..)
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Rear View
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Cool. You can still tell its a 914. Love the back and the sides. I like how the side windows curve into the top right side of the doors.(first drawing) The front looks 80s like and you lost that curved door glass feature I liked.
buhs914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 18 2010, 09:41 AM) *

Cool. You can still tell its a 914. Love the back and the sides. I like how the side windows curve into the top right side of the doors.(first drawing) The front looks 80s like and you lost that curved door glass feature I liked.

Yeah the front was a PITA lol. Didn't come out as I had hoped.. I'll probably make another attempt at it.
GeorgeRud
Change it around a bit, make it hybrid technology, and make it cost tons of money, and it could be the new 918 that Porsche is showing.

Actually, it's a nice design!
roadster fan
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Dec 17 2010, 11:30 PM) *

Well I know its been a long while but I've been busy with college and stuff. I also had to practice drawing different angles.. but I've finally sketched up the requested different angles..

Click to view attachment

You can see the porsche heritage in your drawings. Angled front view reminds me of the 959...

Click to view attachment

Jim
buhs914
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Dec 18 2010, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(buhs914 @ Dec 17 2010, 11:30 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You can see the porsche heritage in your drawings. Angled front view reminds me of the 959...

Click to view attachment

Jim

Now that you mention it it kinda does! idea.gif I'd like to take the front end and rework to make it look more "new" but keep the same Porsche heritage feel it has..
echocanyons
Are you consulting for Porsche? Your rendition looks a lot like the 918.
buhs914
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Dec 21 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Are you consulting for Porsche? Your rendition looks a lot like the 918.

Haha someday hopefully but no.. I tried to style this based on what Porsche is doing currently in the design department but mixed in some of the 914's flair.. Thanks for what I believe should be taken as a compliment.. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.