Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts came in!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
Got my new door seals and rear window to sail panel seal today! piratenanner.gif They came from 914rubber.com (mikey914 i Think) They are very nice too!
My pertronix should be coming in tomorrow too so hopefully that is the fix of my problems! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

And I grabbed these from my work to put on my tires! I am thinking of repainting them to gun metal grey or the pheonix red! Which color do you think?

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
Before
This is what the seal looked like for both sides
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment

Door seal before for both sides
Passengers
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
Drivers
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment

Here is the valve cover on my tire!
Click to view attachment

I am thinking that gun metal gray for the caps will match the center hub. But I kind of like the idea of having them phoenix red.
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Nice:)
PeeGreen 914
Paint the caps black beerchug.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 22 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Why black Jon? confused24.gif
avidfanjpl
James,

A year ago, the exact items you bought were bought by me from Mikey, and they were so dramatically different that the car actually was quieter over bumps where the stiff springs made the door and window rattle just a bit.

In fact they are so good that the door shuts only with a firm closing, which is FAR BETTER than the crappy original rubber that was 36 years old.

Mine was more shredded than yours was.

SHOUT OUT TO MIKEY!

914Rubber is a place where I go to drool over stuff I want but have to wait to buy.

I have gotten about 10 or 12 things from him so far. I am about to put some more of his stuff to work in the next few weeks as each project screams to me in my dreams to get DONE!

The remarkable thing is that his products are so dramatically better than OEM!

John
avidfanjpl
Root_Werks
New seals are nice!

Really help to cut back on wind and road noise.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 22 2010, 03:40 PM) *

Because if they are another color they stand out and take away from the wheel wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 22 2010, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 22 2010, 03:40 PM) *

Because if they are another color they stand out and take away from the wheel wink.gif

Ok I understand. That is true. Black it is than.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 22 2010, 06:05 PM) *

New seals are nice!

Really help to cut back on wind and road noise.

They sure are! biggrin.gif Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to test that out. driving.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 22 2010, 02:16 PM) *

And I grabbed these from my work to put on my tires! I am thinking of repainting them to gun metal grey or the pheonix red! Which color do you think?

Click to view attachment

Hmm those look like aircraft valve covers! Seen my dad bring home quite a few of them (he was a aircraft mechanic and crew chief in USAF) I think they would look cool as phoenix red especially when the tire is spinning, you'll probably have a faint L32k line.
jcambo7
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jul 22 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hmm those look like aircraft valve covers! Seen my dad bring home quite a few of them (he was a aircraft mechanic and crew chief in USAF) I think they would look cool as phoenix red especially when the tire is spinning, you'll probably have a faint L32k line.

Good guess! They certainly are for our aircraft tire valve stems. They are so easy to get because they just throw the ones away from the old tires since the new tires come with them on. Crazy thing, I am a crew chief in the USAF also! I am planning on getting four more. So I can have one set in black and one set in phoenix red! Having that line would be sweet! Especially if you could get a picture of it with the trail... idea.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 22 2010, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jul 22 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Good guess! They certainly are for our aircraft tire valve stems. They are so easy to get because they just throw the ones away from the old tires since the new tires come with them on. Crazy thing, I am a crew in the USAF also! I am planning on getting four more. So I can have one set in black and one set in phoenix red! Having that line would be sweet! Especially if you could get a picture of it with the trail... idea.gif

Wow that is crazy! Whenever you do the covers you better put up action pics! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.