Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 914 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Nor.Cal.914
So long story short, my family has to move to a new house and there won't be any room to keep my project at the new house. I have a 1970 914 with a CLEAN title that I bought a few years back as a parts car. It's pretty dirty from sitting outside the whole time, but the rust situation is pretty minimal. It is a complete shell, minus the front trunk lid. It still has the targa top, the engine lid, doors, all glass, and a rear trunk lid. The rear lid is pretty rusted though so I don't think it's usable, but it comes with the car anyways. A lot of the suspension components are there, but are not actually bolted to the car. So here's a rough list of what it has and what it needs:

Has
- Pair of Rear Control Arms with Mounts and Hubs
- Steering Rack Support
- Pair of A-Arms
- Pair of Front Struts with Rotors and Calipers
- Steering Rack
- Brake Master Cylinder
- Rear Trans Mounts
- Upper Rear Shock Mounts
- 2 Sets of KYB Shocks (One set with springs that might still be good and another unknown condition set attached to the car)
- Dash, Steering Column, and Pedal Cluster (Minus the Gas Pedal)

Needs and the Bad Stuff
- No Engine or Trans
- No Gas Tank
- All Weatherstripping is Gone
- Windshield is Cracked
- Rear Brake Rotors and Calipers
- Front and Rear Trunks are Cut (Thanks to the P.O.)
- No Headlights or Taillights
- No Bumpers
- Minor Rust in Cabin and Front Cowl Area

Overall it isn't in bad shape, but it definitely needs some work! My plan was to turn it into a track car so the cut trunks and missing interior wouldn't have mattered, but I don't have the time, place, or money to make it happen anymore. I do not want to see this car go to the crusher so someone please take over my project!

Looking to get $250 and it would need to be taken away on a trailer. Car is located in San Jose, CA 95148. Please let me know. Thanks!
-Chris
Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

Click to view attachment
Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

Nor.Cal.914
More pics:

underthetire
Wow, your car has a Million+ dollar view in San Jose.
Nor.Cal.914
biggrin.gif Thanks! Not for much longer though, unfortunately.
-Chris
Nor.Cal.914
Now $450 O.B.O. icon_bump.gif
Nor.Cal.914
PRICE DROP - $400 O.B.O. icon_bump.gif
Nor.Cal.914
PRICE DROP - $350 O.B.O. icon_bump.gif
bcaschera
I am looking for a tub but I need to get rid of the shell I have now. How much longer are you going to hang on to this before it MUST move?
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Sep 12 2010, 10:57 PM) *

I am looking for a tub but I need to get rid of the shell I have now. How much longer are you going to hang on to this before it MUST move?

It will be in my driveway until somebody decides they want it biggrin.gif As far as a time frame for when it must be gone, I can't really say for sure because that all depends on when the house actually sells. How long would you want me to hold onto it for? Please let me know. Thanks
-Chris
Nor.Cal.914
PRICE DROP - $300 O.B.O. icon_bump.gif NEEDS TO GO
Nor.Cal.914
icon_bump.gif
Nor.Cal.914
icon_bump.gif PRICE DROP - $250
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.