Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me price my setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I'm almost ready to do another engine swap. Not exactly sure what engine yet. I need to get rid of my V8 conversion stuff first. Help me figure out what it's worth.

I would like to sell the engine tranny as a package. Just install fuel pump and go...

283 Chevy
Mild cam
roller rockers
gear drive
12 quart road race oil pan
Corvette Crossfire fuel injection

901 tranny
regeared with taller 5th
1st gear not locked out

Renegade adapter, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate.
enegade engine mount.
It will come with exhaust. may not be the one pictured.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
This set up runs great.

I would say the value is higher if you can find a buyer while it is still installed in your car. That way they can see that it runs and shifts perfect.

Engine+fuel injection & renegade set-up: $2,500-2,800
Transmission/clutch assembly: $2k

After seeing your fuel injection, and dealing with vacuum problems on my conversion all last night, I am inspired to run TBI.

Good Luck,

Matt
Andyrew
Engine 2k
Conversion (I assume minus radiator setup) 4-500
Trani I dont see it selling for more than 1k. Good trani's go for 4-500, since yours is rebuilt w/ the 5th gear I'd say 1k.

Im in the same boat as you know, im just behind schedule.

Whats your engine/trani combo? Subaru? Audi? ??
Lennies914
idea.gif Do I see a rotory/auto set-up in your future? confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 24 2010, 04:41 PM) *

Engine 2k
Conversion (I assume minus radiator setup) 4-500
Trani I dont see it selling for more than 1k. Good trani's go for 4-500, since yours is rebuilt w/ the 5th gear I'd say 1k.

Im in the same boat as you know, im just behind schedule.

Whats your engine/trani combo? Subaru? Audi? ??

I am open to options. The only thing for sure... There will be a turbo.

Audi Turbo W/audi transxale
Subi Turbo w/ subi transaxle
Rotary turbo w/ ? transaxle

The goal will be 300-350 HP
underthetire
Hum, sell the small block and put a turbo 4.3 with aluminum heads in it. Most of your stuff would swap right over biggrin.gif
Andyrew
300-350hp, I'd think the subaru turbo would be your cheapest option as you should be able to get that power from the factory turbo on an STI engine.

The Audi engine is limited to 350-400hp on the stock rods, and needs a bigger turbo to get over 250hp.

The VW passat 1.8t FWD manual trani or the Audi a4 1.8t FWD manual trani is the bolt in setup you'd be looking for..

I would HIGHLY recoomend a 16lb steel flywheel if you go with a Audi setup. Even lighter might not be bad, but the stock flywheel is HEAVY.

Do you plan to retain the A/C or climate control? How about the dash? (Like I was mentioning on my conversion)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.