Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Factory Paint Code Suggestions In Slate-Gray Color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nürburg Nomad
I have a set of 16x6 & 16x7 Fuchs off a 1980s 911 that are super clean, yet the black finish is faded so rather than repaint in the black found everywhere I'm thinking a slate-gray type color/tone would look stellar against my otherwise black and red colorscheme. PLUS black wheels show dirt faster in my opion than dark gray wheels so that might be a nice bonus.

Naturally 16x6 & 16x7 Fuchs are a wee bit narrow for my fat fenders but until I can score a set of original 16x8s at an affordable price it looks like I'll be stuck with the tiny 6"s up front! Unless someone has a set of 2 or knows where to find 16x8"s somewhere at a fair price?! piratenanner.gif

Getting to the point though I want to paint the wheels a slate-gray type tone but before I simply start googling about for other manufacturers paint colors, I'm hoping to find/use a factory Porsche paint color, I don't care what decade it's from (although early 70s would be nice) or what model it came on, just a non-metallic, gloss finish gray paint is what I'm picturing at the moment.

Porsche photos sporting said color spectrum are appreciated! drooley.gif
Nürburg Nomad
BUMP! biggrin.gif
Tom
Had you seen this? Different color and different wheels, but same idea.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=106614m
Tom
jasons
Are you going for an OSU theme on purpose or by accident? Porsche has a slate gray. In fact its called slate gray and its from early 911's. You can google the paint code, but it looks like this..... Also search on pelican for slate gray, thats where I found this one.

IPB Image
EdwardBlume
I had a gray car but it was a Toyota color...

The current Boxsters have a nice gray metallic if you want to go that route...
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 27 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Had you seen this? Different color and different wheels, but same idea.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=106614m
Tom

No I hadn't seen that before but thanks for the link. The photo with the gray wheels is very much what I'm looking to achieve.

In a lot of instances I like body-color matched wheels but Bahia red is already VERY red so matching wheels would be a bit much.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 27 2010, 08:48 AM) *

Are you going for an OSU theme on purpose or by accident? Porsche has a slate gray. In fact its called slate gray and its from early 911's. You can google the paint code, but it looks like this..... Also search on pelican for slate gray, thats where I found this one.

IPB Image

Speaking of Pelican, I just discovered this thread! http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...or-le-mans.html

It looks like I might choose Porsche Slate Grey; Paint Code #6801 seen here:
IPB Image
obviously the photo you provided is in the sunlight but that looks like the lighter gray/grey Porsche paint code discussed in other threads...?

Otherwise I was thinking of paint matching this modest little tail dragger, but I like the idea of sticking with a period correct paint code:
IPB Image
I'm not sure how different the two paint colors are though??? It would be nice to see a side by side comparison! biggrin.gif

Oh, and no I'm not intentionally going for OSU colors but evidently that's going to be the end result! rolleyes.gif Just so long as I don't park it on my campus... I.E. the only University in Ohio that has a BETTER football team (& academics wink.gif ) than OSU! tongue.gif
Nürburg Nomad
WOW Steve McQueens Porsche 911 in Slate Grey = LOVE drooley.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.