Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad news Brad...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
looks like after almost $500,000 in fines, clearchannel has decided to pull howard stern from all of their radio stations, they said the money wasnt the issue so much that the government has been looking into revoking licenses for repeated abuse....so it looks like the aprils fools day joke was a little correct, sorry man.
ArtechnikA
it's no problem.

i hear Stern is really, really popular and i'm sure he'll have a new nationwide radio show any day now. groundswell of public support, that's what it is ...
Brad Roberts
Stern is on Infinity stations.. he has been off Clearchannel stations for over a month now. Nothing new.

B
Rockaria
Whatever happened to:

"If you don't like what's on just change the channel"

Man I hate it when stupid people get bent, but still have the power to choose not to listen.... I mean really, I understand why we can get upset at the Boobies during the StupidBowl... We did not tune in then to see boobies, Well at least some people did not. So that makes sense. But Man, who would tune into Stern for news, weather, sports and polite banter??? People listening to Stern WANT to hear about Boobies... Fining Stern and his affiliates for his "show style" is like fining the Pope for being Catholic!

Sorry... Small rant over... mad.gif
ArtechnikA
it's a business. it's always been a business. you want publicly funded radio, go to NPR.

when enough people change the channel, there is no audience for the advertising. without advertising, it's hard to pay the half-billion-buck fines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.