Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: SC Hubs (Now cleaned and Blasted !)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
my928s4
OK de-greased and blasted, not perfectly clean but will look smart on the car. Old bearing shells still in the hub.

Click to view attachment

So the SC hubs were excess to my needs for the 911 5 lug, I ended up with 4 hubs. $80 is what I paid + USPS flate rate shipping which is $13. Yes they need a clean but they do come with the bearing covers ...

Click to view attachment

I forgot I needed 911 front brake lines and ordered 914 items instead, I could send them back to the supplier but if someone wants them they are $20 shipped. SOLD

Click to view attachment
pilothyer
QUOTE(my928s4 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:13 PM) *

So the SC hubs were excess to my needs for the 911 5 lug, I ended up with 4 hubs. $80 is what I paid + USPS flate rate shipping which is $13. Yes they need a clean but they do come with the bearing covers ...

Click to view attachment

I forgot I needed 911 front brake lines and ordered 914 items instead, I could send them back to the supplier but if someone wants them they are $20 shipped.

Click to view attachment

If those hoses are for the later fronts I will take them....Jerry
my928s4
Updated info
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(my928s4 @ Jul 25 2010, 08:13 PM) *

OK de-greased and blasted, not perfectly clean but will look smart on the car. Old bearing shells still in the hub.

Click to view attachment

What happened to the bearings, were they bagged & tagged to the coresponding hubs ?
my928s4
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Aug 7 2010, 06:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What happened to the bearings, were they bagged & tagged to the coresponding hubs ?

I threw them, I figured anyone buying these would be replacing the bearings.
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(my928s4 @ Aug 7 2010, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Aug 7 2010, 06:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I threw them, I figured anyone buying these would be replacing the bearings.

You just threw away part ofthe value of something your trying to sell.

When I do front brakes, I pull the bearings before I send the rotors out to be turned, I clean then inspect the bearings then repack then intall back in the rotors.

The only reason to replace bearings, is if they have been run dry, otherwise there is no reason to replace them.

The outers are around $10 each the inners about $14, with tax just over $50, and if the seals were still soft I would of reused those also.

So your $90 dollar hubs just turned into over $150 dollar hubs, and really no longer a deal. for anyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.