Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Semi-impromptu Chicago get-together July 31?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Anyone interested in a not-completely-impromptu Chicago area get together next Saturday, July 31? I was riding my bike through Highland Park yesterday and saw there is going to be an antique car show in HP that day. From Old Cars Weekly's calendar:

Jul 31 IL, Highland Park. AUTO HISTORICA X, 10th Annual Antique and Classic Car Show, Highland Park Historical Society Museum Grounds, 326 Central Ave., SH: 11am-3pm. PH: 847-432-7090, or hphistorical@sbcglobal.net or Highland Park Historical Museum.

I was thinking we could congregate at my place in Evanston around 11am, head up Sheridan Road to Highland Park, check out the old cars then maybe grab lunch at Michaels.

All this said, I haven't exchanged any emails or spoken with Garold to see if he was planning on having something in Portage. (I don't think he should always have to play host just 'cuz he happens to have a nice teener garage.) Maybe something's already in the works making this not all that necessary.

Speaking of riding, while I was out yesterday I saw not one, but two, Morgans. Also saw a 356, but no teeners. We could remedy that next Saturday...

Reply to this thread, send me a PM or drop me an email (skip at pobox dot com) if you're interested.

Skip
bobhasissues
Would love to meet up, but have plans to sandblast my hell hole.
smontanaro
No takers? icon_bump.gif
ChicagoPete
Skip,

I might be interested, at least I am interested in having a look at your car!

Those 2 Morgans and the 356 sound like they are from Northshore Sportscars up in Lake Bluff. They are the Morgan capital around here. They have an incredibly cool modern Morgan race car, similar to those that ran LeMans.

They also have a green 356 on the lot right now, just noticed as I drove past today.

I have also seen a silver 356 coupe on 41 lately, in Highland Park actually.

Peter
qa1142
I am in depending on weather driving.gif

Rather meet in HP coming from Northwest in Lake Zurich
smontanaro
Meeting in Highland Park is also a good option if Evanston is out of the way. Here are the two locations:

I'm normally in Highland Park on my bike or just with my wife (one car), so never gave much thought to where to park multiple cars together. There is parking at the HP Metra station. How about that as an alternate meeting place, say, 11:30?

Skip
BigDBass
Won't be able to make it. Will be at Indiana Beach with the wife and kids!
smontanaro
After a wet start to the day it seems like it will be dry-ish later today. I'll be at the aforementioned Metra parking lot around 11:30. If you want to coordinate more precisely feel free to call my cell - 847-971-7098.

Skip
qa1142
ok, will see if I get off my bootyshake.gif
GaroldShaffer
dry.gif Damn, how did I miss this. It looks like we won't be holding a 914 event this year. While the spirit is willing the body isn't. We just have to much going on. For now look for something in the spring of 2011.

qa1142
Well Garold

Skip, Liz (My daughter), and I had fun

Looked at cars aktion035.gif

Talked about you lol-2.gif

Ate at Micheal's beerchug.gif

smontanaro
Garold, sorry I didn't PM you. I did PM Glenn Stazak because I don't think he hangs out here much.

I think it would be fun to do something a bit more formal, maybe in September? We could meet at my place for a jsharp.gif then drive up Sheridan Road a bit. I could check with Northshore Imports and/or Knauz about opening up on a Saturday or Sunday. The Northshore Imports guy has a bunch of foreign cars for sale - kind of fun to look around. The owner of Knauz has some cool old Mercedes Benz material in a separate (not-for-sale) showroom. Both are in Lake Bluff. ChicagoPete might know better what sort of accommodations they would be willing to make.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.