Full Version: Bahia Red Picture Thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
I'm pretty sure it's Bahia...
IPB Image
smg914
Click to view attachment
larss
Got her back from the painter the other day...putting her together now...

/lars s

IPB Image
mburkhart
1974 2.0L taken the day I brought it home.

Click to view attachment
tod914
Anutter red one.

Click to view attachment
Mountain914
Here's one I had years ago.

Tom_T
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 26 2010, 11:32 AM) *

I'm pretty sure it's Bahia...
IPB Image

If it says L30E or 1310 on the door tag color code or on your COA, then it's Bahia Red! biggrin.gif

Here's some pix I took of my buddy's one owner `71 914/4 with the original Bahia Red paint as it left the factory - now 39 years later & only 60,500 or so miles by now I guess. I took these at the PCA OCR's Porche's & Doughnuts in April 2010.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

... 1 more to come ....
drooley.gif
Tom_T
- it's got a nice hiney too! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

wub.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jul 26 2010, 12:33 PM) *

Hey Steve - is that John L's, or did you both own it at one point, or am I just cornfused?? confused24.gif
avidfanjpl
Hey Tom,

It was mine, but we both are old friends of the person that owned it before me.

It was in NW NJ when he bought it. I will have to ask where he found it. Maybe Atlanta or Denver, as both locations were places he lived.

Steve and I both had our first 914's at the time. All 3 were 1973 2.0L's.

Steve's was Signal Yellow, mine was Olympic Blue, and Wally's was Bahia Red.

I bought it from him in 1981, when I moved from NYC to STL. I drove it for 7 years lightly and sold it to a guy in STL in 88, but he was much older than me at the time. I was 36 then. He was in his late 50's like I am now. Yes, he would be 80 now.

That was one that got away. I left STL and had 2 others while there, 1 at a time, white and black, both 73 2.0L's, but they were nowhere near as nice as this one.

I beat them unmercifully and sold them in about 2 years each, one in 84 and one in 87. This one I kept nice right till I sold it in July of 88. I cannot remember the prices I got for any of the 5 I have had. I think I paid 4k for the Bahia Red 73 to Wally.

Had a great mechanic named Ed, and his specialty was type 4 engines in a little garage in South STL.

I did a lot of work myself, but I was OK with laying on a cold garage floor with 3 feet of snow outside. That was when I actually bought parts from the several STL Porsche dealers. How smart was that?

STL weather is why I have arthritis now! 7 years of either 25 below or 90/90 for 90 days.

I FLED to SoCal in 88.

John

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 26 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Hey Steve - is that John L's, or did you both own it at one point, or am I just cornfused?? confused24.gif

siverson
Mine...

IPB Image
Tom_T
Hey John - I though I recognized that shot from when you'd emailed it to me awhile back, but then when Steve posted it, I wondered!

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 26 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Hey Tom,

It was mine, but we both are old friends of the person that owned it before me.

It was in NW NJ when he bought it. I will have to ask where he found it. Maybe Atlanta or Denver, as both locations were places he lived.

Steve and I both had our first 914's at the time. All 3 were 1973 2.0L's.

Steve's was Signal Yellow, mine was Olympic Blue, and Wally's was Bahia Red.

I bought it from him in 1981, when I moved from NYC to STL. I drove it for 7 years lightly and sold it to a guy in STL in 88, but he was much older than me at the time. I was 36 then. He was in his late 50's like I am now. Yes, he would be 80 now.

That was one that got away. I left STL and had 2 others while there, 1 at a time, white and black, both 73 2.0L's, but they were nowhere near as nice as this one.

I beat them unmercifully and sold them in about 2 years each, one in 84 and one in 87. This one I kept nice right till I sold it in July of 88. I cannot remember the prices I got for any of the 5 I have had. I think I paid 4k for the Bahia Red 73 to Wally.

Had a great mechanic named Ed, and his specialty was type 4 engines in a little garage in South STL.

I did a lot of work myself, but I was OK with laying on a cold garage floor with 3 feet of snow outside. That was when I actually bought parts from the several STL Porsche dealers. How smart was that?

STL weather is why I have arthritis now! 7 years of either 25 below or 90/90 for 90 days.

I FLED to SoCal in 88.

John

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 26 2010, 05:23 PM) *

type47fan
L31M Scarlet Red (Ibizarot), for '75-'76

Click to view attachment
type47
hmmmm, I always thought my car was Bahia Red sad.gif
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jul 27 2010, 09:28 AM) *

It's funny how some cameras change the color - so go by the color codes L30E or 1310 on the Karmann/Stuttgart Chassis Tag &/or COA.

Here's the same 71 Bahia Red above with my 2MP cell phone cam vs. 8MP Canon - same day, same angle/shot, & within minutes of each other!
... lo rez one looks more like Phoenix Red! shades.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Lavanaut
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 27 2010, 10:51 AM) *

hmmmm, I always thought my car was Bahia Red sad.gif

Looks like Phoenix Red to me.

Here's mine smile.gif

Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
S/N 4742903058 - '74 2.0l dual carbs. This is a picture after a 5 yr refresh, including paint. Sold the car to a gentleman in NY. Link to my website showing the refresh.

Click to view attachment

S/N 4742905914 - '74 2.0l FI. Currently undergoing a 5 yr refresh including paint. This is a very special car, the VIN ends in 914. Link to my website showing the refresh.

Click to view attachment

Both of these cars were originally bahia red L30E.

-- Rob
Pat Garvey
THIS is Bahiarot
Pat
tod914
Bout time you posted a shot of that thang in the main forum Pat tongue.gif
drgchapman
Here's mine:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
Mine in it's previous life

Click to view attachment

a little different now shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.