Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First 914 ride ever...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson

I was really excited to take Lily out for her first 914 ride EVER (prior to this, she had just played in the 914s in the garage), but after about 20 minutes she was much less excited about it that I was...

Oh well, still a nice mini trip. We drove out to the visit the "horsies" near our house, but she slept through it. smile.gif

-Steve

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Michael N
Nice. My kids always fall asleep in the 914 as well. I am not sure if it is the tone of the exhaust or the exhaust fumes themselves
balljoint
laugh.gif

Sweet. smile.gif Both of my little ones have been lulled to sleep in the 914. Beside me, they have more seat time than anyone else in my 914.
VaccaRabite
Every time I let my son into my 914 and start the engine, he gets this REALLY concerned look on his face for a few seconds before starting to scream.

I hated loud noises when I was 2 as well, and my car is loud. He will grow into it.
Zach
siverson
> loud

Yup, that's my concern too. That's why I've started her on the stock 2.0 4 cyl, rather than the [currently] loud 3.6. I'm going to try something quieter on the 3.6 too because even pulling in the garage at night has woken her up (at the other end of the house).

-Steve
siverson
And now my son William is almost 2.5 and he just went for his first 914 ride yesterday. Vrooom!

-Steve

siverson

CptTripps
Mine are 5 and 7...and the booster seat doesn't fit that well. I was thinking of making up a custom booster that would let them "see" a little better. I could do a 5-PT harness for them pretty easily.
siverson
I have been thinking the same thing. Even better, I think I could make a seat to fit them both with two 5-PT harnesses in a 3-across setup...

-Steve
bzettner
Eat it up Daddio! It doesn't last forever...my babies are 22/20/17 now...it seemed to happen overnight beerchug.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE(siverson @ Feb 16 2014, 10:40 PM) *

I have been thinking the same thing. Even better, I think I could make a seat to fit them both with two 5-PT harnesses in a 3-across setup...

Had the same thought! But my 5-yo would likely kick the shifter...or try to "help".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.