Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold The turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Evill Ed
Hey all, I sold my Turbocharged 914. I delivered it to the new owner yesterday afternoon. The new owner, who I believe lurks here, is a gentleman that I have known for a few years now. We used to talk regularly about Turbo 914's because he was basically trying to duplicate my car. He had decided to buy my 914 and sell his project, this gets him to his goal a little sooner.

The new owner John, is in my opinion, the "right" owner for this car. He knows what it is and has a true appreciation for it. It was great to see the grin on his face when he test drove it and got onto boost. He said that the car was what he expected it to be. He has plans to make it even nicer with the addition of some nice interior upgrades.

I feel good about John having the car and he said that my boys and I could visit and drive it when we wanted. My older son, 8yrs. old, is still really upset about me selling it. I never thought I would sell it, it was special to me. My dad had bought it for me in 1988 and he and I spent alot of time with it. I was at a point where I was able to let it go, so I did.

As for me, I picked up my 1977 911S track car last night. This will be my new project. The engine and trans are fresh and so it the suspension with brand new Weltmeister bars and bushings front and rear, adj. rear plates and new Bilsteins. Got a roll cage in there too.

I plan to remain on the list, I like it here.

Best to all,
Ed
krk
Ed,

Congrats on the sale. For special projects, it's *very* cool when you are happy with the new owner. It's hard enough selling them!

The new car sounds cool too -- some of us on the list are also tail draggers, so there are occasional 911 threads laugh.gif What's the engine in yours?

kim.

1970 914/6 wub.gif
1976 911 turbo wub.gif laugh.gif
Evill Ed
QUOTE(krk @ Apr 10 2004, 05:47 AM)
Ed,

Congrats on the sale. For special projects, it's *very* cool when you are happy with the new owner. It's hard enough selling them!

The new car sounds cool too -- some of us on the list are also tail draggers, so there are occasional 911 threads laugh.gif What's the engine in yours?

kim.

1970 914/6 wub.gif
1976 911 turbo wub.gif laugh.gif

Thanks Kim.

Mine has a fresh 2.7L with all the right updates, the case has been thread certed, updated tensioners, 11 blade fan, tyrbo valve covers, mocal front cooler to replace the stock trombone, a later exhaust and heat exchangers, no more thermal reactors. All stock with CIS.

Some quick pics are on my page, see webshots link below.

Ed
Mueller
nice 911S smile.gif

congrats on the sale of the 914-turbo, sounds like a good match.........

don't stray too far away from us.......
Joe Bob
You'll be back....
Evill Ed
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 10 2004, 07:30 AM)
You'll be back....

Yeah, I kinda always thought that. I've never had a 911, I figured that I just had to see how the other half lives, lol..

I have dreams of a 914 track too.

Ed

BTW- I'll be at Hershey, hope to see you there.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Evill Ed @ Apr 10 2004, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 10 2004, 07:30 AM)
You'll be back....

BTW- I'll be at Hershey, hope to see you there.

Yeah....well, I had tickets and a room, ready to go....then realized that the youngest has her first communion that weekend.....don't think the family would give me a pass.... blink.gif

Tell Jen and the DUnkster that I'll miss them....
seanery
insert wine & cheese smiley here laugh.gif
J P Stein
AUUUGH..........
Gint
Sounds like a win/win for both of you Ed. Congrats to you ... and John. Maybe he'll post some new pictures of the turbo'd beauty.
jonwatts
Nice lookin' 911. In the first picture I thought it was black, in the second picture I thought it was charcoal, then finally I saw it was green.

If you ever have regrets about selling the 914 please post them to the BBS. It's something we all end up dealing with eventually.
rick 918-S
Everybody knows you can't turbo a 914.... laugh.gif
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 10 2004, 01:11 PM)

Yep. An a 928 engine won't fit either. laugh.gif

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

("hi rich" smile.gif)

kim.

[edit: can't spell 928? sheesh]
weird_looking_cactus
Is there any guides out there to help you turbo your 914. Dosn't a turbo just shove air down the throttle body.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(krk @ Apr 10 2004, 01:30 PM)

("hi rich" smile.gif)

kim.

Hey lets highjack this thread! Hi ya Kim! wavey.gif I'm just taking a break from the project printing wiring diagrams. If I learned anything about the 914, you can't sell one. It doesn't work. If you don't buy your old car back, you buy another one...
IronHillRestorations
ED!!! Whatcha do that for??? You aren't my friend anymore!!!!!

Just kiddin. There comes a time when the project isn't a project anymore, it's a completed work and it's time to move on. Sorry to hear that you've gone to the "dark side" though. At least you've got a flat six now!

PK cool.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(weird_looking_cactus @ Apr 10 2004, 01:32 PM)
Is there any guides out there to help you turbo your 914. Dosn't a turbo just shove air down the throttle body.

no guides. once upon a long time ago there were kits. early 80's, maybe, when it was all the rage.

air in the throttle body is easy; presumably you'll want some fuel too, and the factory injection measures vacuum and gets pretty wonky when there is pressure. the airflow-measurement injection systems have potential - but once again - you're in DIY engineering land.

then there are the heat issues...
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 10 2004, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE(krk @ Apr 10 2004, 01:30 PM)

("hi rich" smile.gif)

kim.

Hey lets highjack this thread! Hi ya Kim! wavey.gif I'm just taking a break from the project printing wiring diagrams. If I learned anything about the 914, you can't sell one. It doesn't work. If you don't buy your old car back, you buy another one...

So that is so quote-able! And true! Can't seem to ditch the 914 virus.

Yeh, I'm taking breaks from The House Project™ as well. Big push now to get it all done so I can return to car projects by summer. And participate in the summer show out here -- the hotel is 5 mis from my place.... oh oh....

Been following your thread tho -- you are cooking!

Yeh, this is a bit of a hijack -- but not a bad one. I'm glad Ed moved his baby on to someone who will appreciated it and it give him space for his new one. We all want that experience! (usually it's something different -- laugh.gif)

kim.
Brad Roberts
HUm.. let me guess: John Inurauto ? Not sure on the spelling.

B
Evill Ed
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 12 2004, 12:52 AM)
HUm.. let me guess: John Inurauto ? Not sure on the spelling.

B

Yup !! wink.gif
Joe Bob
Hope he takes care of yours....my first project is rusting away outside a garage somewheres..... mad.gif
Bleyseng
I hope you don't mean the "Rocket" MikeZ

ohmy.gif
Joe Bob
Unfortunately...yes....last I heard from Dave Bell that the owner of the ROCKET has left it outside and with no rain tray.....the suspension console has developed a rot problem. The tray doesn't fit with CIS....

The suspension ear under the battery had a been reinforced after I pulled the 3.0 motor to redo the top end.....we cleaned the ear and welded scab plates on front and rear....but...and I'm guessing....the rain water entered under the battery via the hell hole and filled up the ear in between the two sheets and rusted it out from behind.

Haven't been able to get ahold of him....I actually offered to buy it back a couple of times...no go....
cgnj
Hi,

I talked to John a few times before the car went on the block. I predict that there will be a 72 1.7 with factory flares and a for sale sign on it at Hershey.

Carlos
nein14
Originally being one of the other half having owned a couple of 911's and having had my 78' 911SC as a everyday driver for 12 yrs. which I sold 2 yrs. ago left me with a void.

I always wanted to build a 914 GT replica so when I heard about and saw Ed's Turbo at Hershey a few years ago I set out to build a clone of his car.

Over the past few years Ed and I have had numerous conversations on how he built his car. He is a real gentlemen for sharing his knowledge and expertice with me when I started mine. So when I heard that his was up for sale I decided to try to own the original.
Fortunately for me Ed and I were able to complete the deal which I am very happy about, thanks ED.

The car is everything I expected and then some! Visually it's a beauty. It's performance can be compared to my 911SC, at 3000 clap56.gif rpms the car really starts to perform when the boost kicks in, WOW!

I promised Ed that he and his sons can visit and drive it when they want. I also promised him that the next time my region hosts a dyno session I will have it dyno'd and post the result so all the non believers will see the light, that you can turbo a 914.

Ed, good luck with the 911S!
Eric_Shea
Sold my first 914. Bought a 911. Couldn't live without a 914. Bought another. I've had 3 911's and 5 914's since then. You'll be back.

E.
Sammy
Lets see, you sold the turbo 914 and now you have a 9-eleven. Sounds familiar. wink.gif

next you have to turbocharge the 2.7 blink.gif
Evill Ed
QUOTE(Sammy @ Apr 12 2004, 04:37 PM)
Lets see, you sold the turbo 914 and now you have a 9-eleven. Sounds familiar. wink.gif

next you have to turbocharge the 2.7 blink.gif

Yeah, I saw your thread about your SC. It made me go Hmmmmmmm.. (AGAIN!!)

Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.