Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche article on the 914's Great Uncle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Bad to the bone cars.
ME733
..TOM....couple of thoughts for your consideration........first, I think that the 904 is not a great uncle to the 914, as much as its, a father or grandfather....Because the 904 was the last mid engine PRODUCTION street legal racing car Porsche produced , up until the 914.....none of the other mid engine cars/racing cars were STREET LEGAL....until the 914...Great article.
VaccaRabite
I have said many times, and I will say it again now...
The 904 was one of the most beautiful cars ever made. Ever. There are only a handful of cars even in the same league. It is one of the very few examples where a purpose built race car also happened to be good looking. None of the other Porsche racers or street cars have ever come near the perfect lines of the 904 IMHO.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
Other than the configuration of the powertrain and the fact they're both 2 seaters, the 904 and the 914 have virtually nothing in common. It might also interest you to know that the street version had a substantially higher suggested list price, more than 25% more, as I recall.

The Cap'n
type47
There is a nice story in s recent Excellence on a 904 located in Detroit and is a driver.
http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues/185/articles/904-driver
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.