Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Look what I found
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cheapsnake
These were packed in the trunk of my project car. Since the car had a rebuilt engine I figured these parts were toast and ready for the recycler. However, when I unpacked them and took a closer look they appear to be in very good shape. The cylinders have no scoring or glazing, except for #1 which has 2 hairline scratches that you can't detect with a fingernail.

The pistons have some very minor scuffing at the skirts, no more than you'd expect from normal running. Each piston face has a very small nick, about 1/8" where it apparently came into contact with the valve - not a structural or operational problem. The pistons are stamped Mahle and the face is marked 93.97, which I take to mean 94mm. Pistons and cylinders are marked to match them up as original.

I was going to take these things to the recyclers but after checking them out I'd just as soon see them get put to use. I have no idea what they're worth so I'll just put them up for offers, if any. Figure a flat $25 for shipping. Since the rules say I have to put a price on FS items, let's start it out at $1.

Tom

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

oh yeah, I've also got valves, lifters and springs that look almost new that I'll throw into the package.
JRust
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.