Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: New object of my lust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
Take a new C6 Vette and replace the body with something inspired by the Stingray era...

IPB Image

Details here.

I'm not a huge fan of the headlight treatment, but a $130,000 gift card would be enough for me to overcome that.
Drums66
...Interesting thought...
thank you! idea.gif popcorn[1].gif

(I liked the early vettes)
zymurgist
That's hot! aktion035.gif

I like it much better than the faux '53 body kit that is available for C5 Corvettes.

IPB Image

IPB Image
jcambo7
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 28 2010, 05:56 PM) *

I like it much better than the faux '53 body kit that is available for C5 Corvettes.

IPB Image

IPB Image

agree.gif I don't like the front but it is better than that ugly kit!
Todd Enlund
Click to view attachment
flipb
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 28 2010, 06:56 PM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

barf.gif

Must... bleach... eyes!

The Stingray is $130,000, including the C6 that they start with. Really not a bad deal for the style, performance, and uniqueness.
1968Cayman
Headlights are too new-Camaroish for my tastes but the rest of the design flows pretty well. There was a company performing C5 brake/DT/interior conversions for second-gen 'Vettes ('63-'67) over in California years ago when I was still dabbling in American muscle. Not sure if they're still in business.
ripper911
Arrgh!! Waterpumpers! ar15.gif
tat2dphreak
Take a new C6 Vette and replace the body with something inspired by the Stingray era...

I like that! those were the best years to mimic, too. smile.gif
rick 918-S
Ditch the headlights and it's very swoopy.
charliew
My friend does the c5 suspension custom frame lsx motor and tranny into the 63-67 corvettes and with all the fancy stuff it's easily 140k.
IronHillRestorations
We all have our own passions, but I thought the title of this thread was an oxymoron! drunk.gif

I like the 57 'vert kit best.
EdwardBlume
barf.gif

There's a reason the idiots at GM are paid well to crank out popular models...
carr914
I've only had one Vette, but it was a real one. Then I switched to Porsches because I like to drive.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Though I've been a Porsche owner for over 36 years now, my old college roommate joined the "dark side", and has been a Corvette fanatic for just as many years, and his passion is just as intense.

It's nice that folks appreciate and maintain these cars, so I applaud all their efforts. I truly am in awe of the new Corvettes - great cars. The old ones are great vintage machines and deserving of their popularity.

However, there is nothing like the sound and feeling of an aircooled -6 right behind your head, and steering that responds to your thoughts!
JmuRiz
I'm not sure I 'get' these retro new cars. If you want a car that looks like an old car...GET AN OLD CAR. It looks better and typically a restored old car is less than a new-retro car.

I think new car designers are just LAZY and can't come up with an original design.
zymurgist
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 11 2010, 06:55 AM) *

I've only had one Vette, but it was a real one. Then I switched to Porsches because I like to drive spend my hard earned money on parts that can't be sourced at the FLAPS.

Fixed it for ya...tongue.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 11 2010, 06:25 AM) *

I'm not sure I 'get' these retro new cars. If you want a car that looks like an old car...GET AN OLD CAR. It looks better and typically a restored old car is less than a new-retro car.

I think new car designers are just LAZY and can't come up with an original design.

It shouldn't be that hard to "get". Lots of people like style and good design. Not all people can fix cars. You can't reasonably own an old car unless you yourself can do at least minor maintenance, so the only way for some people to be able to have a stylish old car they can drive regularly is with a retro design. It's not as cool and they know that, but it's the best they can do. Consider that their validation of your own taste in cars by someone who can't do what you can do. They're complimenting you, so you should be polite and quietly graceful and thank them for it.
DBCooper
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 11 2010, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 11 2010, 06:55 AM) *

I've only had one Vette, but it was a real one. Then I switched to Porsches because I like to drive spend my hard earned money on parts that can't be sourced at the FLAPS.

Fixed it for ya...tongue.gif

lol-2.gif Ain't it the truth!!!

charliew
QUOTE(9146986 @ Aug 10 2010, 09:06 PM) *

We all have our own passions, but I thought the title of this thread was an oxymoron! drunk.gif

I like the 57 'vert kit best.

Thats also got a 60 or 61 big chevy style rear end.

From 53 till 82 corvettes used 53 chevy front suspension. Using a new custom chassis with late motor, tranny and suspension with fi makes them almost as good as the new ones and very different.
porschecb
Wrap your ass in fiberglass! Detroit answer to the plastic pig.
carr914
Before you get too critical of Detroit, Porsche has also used Fiberglass in the 60's with the 904 & 906.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.