Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagram HELP please..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I've looked high and low. I must have borrowed out both my manuals to a friend of mine. He has since moved away and I think lost them in the move.

So. I need a complete wire diagram for a 1972 914. I'm attempting to mate the engine harness from my 928 to the 914 relay board connection. I have the 928 manual on CD so I've got the engine side covered.

Anyone know of an online source?
jonwatts
Sent you a PM
rick 918-S
Thanks. smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
Haynes has B&W diagrams, and Pelican has color ones. I think we've got 71 and 73, not specifically 72... But Haynes does.

There are, of course, also other color diagrams available from somewhere or another....

--DD
rick 918-S
Jeff or someone that sees wiring diagrams floating around in their head when they sleep. My car is a 1972. For some reason I have a 1971 harness. I discovered I have a green/black wire. It passes through the relay board. The diagram shows it comes from # 86 Sportomatic (optional) one direction the wire travels from #86 to pin #6 on the relay board. #6 passes through the relay board to the out connector pin #3. Wire goes to an oil temp inducator.

My question is; What the heck is Sportomatic (optional)?

Where does the wire come from really?

I would like to us this wire for something else. What is it connected to under the dash?

Where do I begin to look for this wire on the dash end.
Dave_Darling
Sportomatic is the auto-manual transmission. Installed in 25 914-6es, and no production 914-4s. Though supposedly one or two prototypes.

Green/black is likely the oil temp sender wire. I believe that some/many/most 72s actually had that, though very few if any had an oil temp gauge. It is probably not connected to anything under the dash.

--DD
rick 918-S
That's what I thought. I'm sick of looking at wiring for a while!
JeffBowlsby
What Dave said. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.