Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dansk Banana on a 2.0L Type IV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
The PO installed a Dansk on the car in the several years preceeding my purchase of the car in 2009. The car came from Portland, OR and before that Boise, ID.

The car started having a rattling sound 2 weeks ago, and we looked everywhere. It is firmly at the rear of the car. Put it on a lift today. NOTHING. No leaks, nothing. Valves are fine, no dropped seat. Nothing. Tranny OK. Mechanics could not find the sound.

Drove it home. Sound started. Pulled over several times. Put my shoe firmly over the exhaust, no leaks, and the rattle disappeared.

Anyone ever have a Dansk that deteriorated over time from condensation, and have a rattle develop? Like a loose baffle plate?

I am thinking of buying that wild Triad muffler. 1 pipe out the valance, one pointed down. Nearly flipped to see it. Have not heard it. People like it, and it adds HP.

I will remove the Dansk and store it.

Any views on the Triad as well?

Looks like 350 plus shipping.

Thanks!

John
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 29 2010, 03:16 PM) *

The PO installed a Dansk on the car in the several years preceeding my purchase of the car in 2009. The car came from Portland, OR and before that Boise, ID.

The car started having a rattling sound 2 weeks ago, and we looked everywhere. It is firmly at the rear of the car. Put it on a lift today. NOTHING. No leaks, nothing. Valves are fine, no dropped seat. Nothing. Tranny OK. Mechanics could not find the sound.

Drove it home. Sound started. Pulled over several times. Put my shoe firmly over the exhaust, no leaks, and the rattle disappeared.

Anyone ever have a Dansk that deteriorated over time from condensation, and have a rattle develop? Like a loose baffle plate?

I am thinking of buying that wild Triad muffler. 1 pipe out the valance, one pointed down. Nearly flipped to see it. Have not heard it. People like it, and it adds HP.

I will remove the Dansk and store it.

Any views on the Triad as well?

Looks like 350 plus shipping.

Thanks!

John

John- I just started a thread earlier asking the question about these, if you check out youtube the Triad seemed to sound the best- but i like the dual pipe- my monza sounds good but as they say- it rusts out fast, atleast surface, - Where did you get the price on the Triad?
Phil
MikeM
John...I have a Triad on my 74 2.0 liter. The build quality is phenomenal.
It fits perfectly and sounds great.Some people think they are a little loud, but it's a nice sounding loud if you know what I mean. In my case,it is quieter than what was on the car when I bought it,so I'm happy.
Mike
avidfanjpl
Thanks, Mike - Good to hear you like it.

Phil, the price is on the site. triadwest.com

Check it out.

Anyone know about the Dansk and how it might go bad?

John
avidfanjpl
Sorry,

That was

triadwestperformance.com

And if you google triad west, there is a 2.0L demo video on you tube.

I am not sure I would say it sounds terrible. But you have to be there to really know.

I like the look. All the other ones look like bad junkie plumbing.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.