Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone noticed this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
I come here too much for my own good. Then again, I could be out drinking, and I don't do that.

So, I got here in the spring, and been here some months now, and I noticed the topics change.

Earlier this year, it was rust, getting the car ready for spring, and maintenance/replacement parts

Now it is stuff that is breaking while we drive around, probably a bit too fast.

Wonder what the fall subjects will be?

Wishing it wasn't raining/snowing? Wondering why we had to redline shift so hard, and all the parts we need to lay our hands on to fix what we broke?

Idiots that can't judge how far to stay behind us, or see us when they change lanes badly?

And lastly, how we are going to continue to afford these cars when our taxes increase so much as to carve us out a new fartport?

I love this place!

At least until I can't pay my taxes any more!

THANKS!

John
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 29 2010, 01:59 PM) *

And lastly, how we are going to continue to afford these cars when our taxes increase so much as to carve us out a new fartport?

I love this place!

At least until I can't pay my taxes any more!

THANKS!

John

The topic for me will be why I didn't save enough money to buy as many "Donor cars" as possible. All those 911 freaks will start selling there cars cause they can't afford to fix them anymore and we will be waiting to buy them!!! happy11.gif chowtime.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Tom_T
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the spate of fuel pump issues that seemed to creep northward & eastward as the temp. went up in late spring & early summer! biggrin.gif

IIRC it was a lot of "what I plan to do on my 914 over the 'indoor' months," & I expect that again this time! I didn't get most of mine done! dry.gif

Enjoy the sunshine shades.gif & good driving driving-girl.gif driving.gif w00t.gif while you can folks!

popcorn[1].gif
ripper911
I'm sure in the winter You'll hear stories from me about driving with the wipers caked in ice, with no heat, in the rain...
Good times! aktion035.gif
realred914
in the Spring I replace my springs.

in the fall I fall down,

I cant figure out the other two seasons however, maybe just drive?

Lennies914
I believe that a large percentage of the 914's spend their winters on jackstands and their spring/summers on pavement determining what will be done next winter while back on the jackstands. beerchug.gif
avidfanjpl
Lenny, you are right!

I need 4 good jackstands for winter. I only have 2, and yes, they are the crummy racheting ones, but I never put them up past all the way down. The pin ones are better, everyone here says. And I need a floor jack that goes way higher.

What I plan is to have warmer rugs on the concrete floor this winter. I took last winter off, and it was a huge mistake.

All kinds of problems developed, and it took me 3 months to overcome them.

John
Lennies914
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 29 2010, 05:25 PM) *

Lenny, you are right!

I need 4 good jackstands for winter. I only have 2, and yes, they are the crummy racheting ones, but I never put them up past all the way down. The pin ones are better, everyone here says. And I need a floor jack that goes way higher.

What I plan is to have warmer rugs on the concrete floor this winter. I took last winter off, and it was a huge mistake.

All kinds of problems developed, and it took me 3 months to overcome them.

John

My car's running soooo good I canceled all my winter plans for it and decided that I'm going to keep it as a weekend driver for the winter!!

That being said, two days ago I bought a '72 for the winter project. biggrin.gif
avidfanjpl
I am in the same boat. I will keep driving Orangina till she breaks.

I will not fail to drive the car every week when it is not raining.

I laid mine up from October to March and had to redo so many things, it is cheaper to keep it running.

I busted my ass since I bought this "wonderful teener" last May. Maybe 500 hours in 1 year? Maybe 600? Last July and August I worked on her 54 nights after work straight without a break.

The projects will all be done by October 1. Or my busted ass is grass.

John

My car's running soooo good I canceled all my winter plans for it and decided that I'm going to keep it as a weekend driver for the winter!!

That being said, two days ago I bought a '72 for the winter project. biggrin.gif
[/quote]
VaccaRabite
In the fall we will be talking about foliage rides, and starting to put together our winter projects lists.

Zach
bandjoey
After MUSR in October, I'm planning on working on AC for next Summer.
Eric_Shea
Wonder what the fall subjects will be?

I'm taking a wild ass guess here but:

"2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914" headbang.gif

"My front oil cooler setup -- why's it failing?" :slitmywristsmiley:
"Birthday Fairy News - SLITS Turns 103" - slits.gif
jcambo7

"Birthday Fairy News - SLITS Turns 103" - slits.gif

I thought he was turning 104?
Eric_Shea
My bad.
zymurgist
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 29 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Idiots that can't judge how far to stay behind us, or see us when they change lanes badly?

The Ninja forum I hang out at has an official thread for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.