Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Vehicle Registration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
hey guys-

I am going to the DMV tomorrow morning to change my cars registration status from PNO (planned non operational) to operational. Is there anything I need to know/bring besides the pink slip and a check?

-Peter
Krieger
I hope that is it. What else could you bring? I am interested to know how this goes. I will be doing this in a week. Congratulations
bandjoey
CAlifornia? Right Testicle and Cash. Anti Frustration pills. Or so I'm told. av-943.gif
Good Luck.
Tom_T
Look at links below & DMV site links there - as there may be a form you can download/fiill-out & have ready to save time at the Dept. of More Vexing! biggrin.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=104349
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=103416
malaga_red75
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 29 2010, 08:29 PM) *

CAlifornia? Right Testicle and Cash. Anti Frustration pills. Or so I'm told. av-943.gif
Good Luck.

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

luckily my car has been in the system, so I am hoping that it will just be a matter of actually registering the car. because every year i get a notice in the mail asking me if I want to change the status of my car from PNO to operational.

-Peter

malaga_red75
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 29 2010, 08:25 PM) *

I hope that is it. What else could you bring? I am interested to know how this goes. I will be doing this in a week. Congratulations

I will let you know, and tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day, I have been building this car for 2 years!!!! tomorrow I will actually be able to drive it around town!!!
underthetire
When I did mine a couple years ago, just the pink, and they have to have a copy of the insurance electronically sent from your insurance company. They will not take a printed policy. Also, I waited 3 weeks and it went from 300 bucks to 175. Has something to do with the previous years registration, even though it was non opt.
malaga_red75
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 29 2010, 09:38 PM) *

When I did mine a couple years ago, just the pink, and they have to have a copy of the insurance electronically sent from your insurance company. They will not take a printed policy. Also, I waited 3 weeks and it went from 300 bucks to 175. Has something to do with the previous years registration, even though it was non opt.

Thanks, I only have a copy, so I will have to call the insurance company in the morning and have them send a copy.
markb
Got AAA? If not, you should get it. I go there & it's much quicker & easier.
Sleepin
Non-op to Op....hmmm Glad I live in Colorado, I would be changing titles on the 914s one way or the other about every other day. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.