Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crap, crap, crap...my '67 bus clutch exploded!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
In the middle of moving my mom and she only has 12 days till she has to be out of her house.

The release bearing let go and wiped out my Gene Berg balanced KEP presure plate. unsure.gif

Getting a new KEP clutch is no problem but what to do about the balance job???? Fuck. headbang.gif

Can't afford to have this shitter down for long. sad.gif
Root_Werks
That sucks!

Isn't the flywheel the biggest part of the balancing? I thought the pressure plate wasn't that much of the whole deal since it's more center (pulled in) and lighter?

But what do I know? smile.gif
Mark Henry
I don't know, time wise I might have to say fuch it and just slap one in anyways.
I'm thinking of converting it to a late release bearing, this is the second release bearing since I put this engine in the bus 4 years ago.

Sachs "German" early bearings are total garbage now.... Sachs of shit IMHO...bet they are made in east Germany.

We're down to one car right now.
Root_Werks
I noticed that on the "Pronged" pressure plate.

If you can, I'd do the update to the later style. I get it would last longer.

On that same note, my Monster Squareback clutch is chattering. headbang.gif

2275 engine with 31" mudders on a "091" tranny. Needless to say the clutch gets thrashed with even easy driving.

I'm waiting for mine to go tits-up as well. sad.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 30 2010, 05:05 PM) *

I noticed that on the "Pronged" pressure plate.

If you can, I'd do the update to the later style. I get it would last longer.

I'm asking that over on the samba right now, my tranny case is drilled for the late sleeve and I need a new cross shaft.
Krieger
Pressure plates are balanced. Unless you balanced the pp together with the flywheel? Call Kennedy and see what up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.