Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got pulled over in the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
So, I was on my way to work this morning. I had the top off, just enjoying the morning as much as I can before work. When I see a cop sitting by the side of the road, so I slow a little bit, not having a working speedo and having never been pulled over in the car before I wasn't too worried, But he got me. busted_cop.gif

Three Items! mad.gif

Speeding: 64 in a 45 driving.gif

No Brake lights: Must be the switch... headbang.gif

Suspended Registration: jerkit.gif

Lets just say that I was siting there fearing my little car might end up on a tow truck. sad.gif

But, the cop was nice, said he'd never seen a 914 before.

All three tickets became warnings!
and he sent me on my way!
red914.jpg
charliew
Don't push your luck, get current
DanT
go buy a couple of lottery tickets biggrin.gif
detoxcowboy
lucky
ripper911
Here are the "warnings"
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
bootyshake.gif
ripper911
and I had just gotten a speeding ticket in the work van last week...
I'm gonna have to pay that one.
porschecb
Wow you must be so proud! What do you got to do to get a ticket where you live? Kill someone walking through a crosswalk?
PanelBilly
Tell us the truth, who was the girl in the passenger seat smiling at him
patssle
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 30 2010, 05:44 PM) *

Tell us the truth, who was the girl in the passenger seat smiling at him

Does the car have the bumper tits? shades.gif
Elliot Cannon
Look at your tickets with envy? I should be envious of someone who gets stopped for speeding and has been driving with no brake lights and an expired registration?? lol-2.gif
ripper911
Yes you should! happy11.gif envy me happy11.gif I can get away with anything happy11.gif

I'll fix the brake lights, I had the switch adjusted to work when the brakes were bad, now the pedal dosen't travel so far.

I don't even know any cops in that county, I thought I was going to be calling the office for a ride in to work for sure!

My will be done
okieflyr
All that, AND your license plate says "ABSINTH". That must be what made the good impression. happy11.gif
whatabout1
I got pulled for loud exhaust (she does sound sweet at 6,000 rpm smile.gif )and then a group of Harleys thundered by...

"and you are ticketing me for a loud muffler?" The ticket became a warning.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 30 2010, 09:04 PM) *

: I can get away with anything happy11.gif

Famous last words
championgt1
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jul 30 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Wow you must be so proud! What do you got to do to get a ticket where you live? Kill someone walking through a crosswalk?

agree.gif What the hell is suspended registration supposed to mean?
jim_hoyland
Great story ! Good thing you weren't in Kalifornia...
bandjoey
Luckiest man alive. In a state where there's no municipal money, tickets are gold to the treasury.
piratenanner.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jul 30 2010, 08:47 PM) *

Nope, just have a Massachusetts plate and obey the law.

Rich
Drums66
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 30 2010, 05:45 PM) *

and I had just gotten a speeding ticket in the work van last week...
I'm gonna have to pay that one.

..Me also(in equip van)but........never ever in my 914..I've
had it over 15 yrs......only had the 06 mini van 2yrs confused24.gif bye1.gif

P.S. I'd like to thank the lord
charliew
You could be like my roomate in the mid 70's who got a ticket in his 280z by highway patrol and was doing 130 on IH35 north of waco. He knew a friend in the county prosecutors office who "pulled" the ticket and it just dissappeared. He showed me the ticket the morning after he got it. Course I will add the guys luck ran out and he passed away last year with a abnormality in his spine he was born with so luck is a relative term. I do think his reply would be he didn't spend ten years in the rest home waiting to die though.
ripper911
I was feeling lucky after all of that, so today at lunch I played Keno.
and I won $170, just sitting down for lunch, lol! shades.gif

I will be buying lotto tickets on the way home.
1968Cayman
Reminds me of March's PCA event at Road Atlanta. A corner worker flagged a 914 for not having working brake lights . . . turns out they worked just fine, he just wasn't braking in the corners . . .
KELTY360
QUOTE(1968Cayman @ Jul 31 2010, 07:36 PM) *

Reminds me of March's PCA event at Road Atlanta. A corner worker flagged a 914 for not having working brake lights . . . turns out they worked just fine, he just wasn't braking in the corners . . .

av-943.gif
Project 6
QUOTE(charliew @ Jul 31 2010, 10:29 AM) *

You could be like my roomate in the mid 70's who got a ticket in his 280z by highway patrol and was doing 130 on IH35 north of waco. He knew a friend in the county prosecutors office who "pulled" the ticket and it just dissappeared. He showed me the ticket the morning after he got it. Course I will add the guys luck ran out and he passed away last year with a abnormality in his spine he was born with so luck is a relative term. I do think his reply would be he didn't spend ten years in the rest home waiting to die though.

Hump?

What Hump?

Eyegor/Marty Feldman
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(patssle @ Jul 30 2010, 06:49 PM) *

Does the car have the bumper tits? shades.gif

I got pulled over two months ago... CHP drilled me for half an hour, including why my '74 doesn't have the tits! My reply: Um, officer, in an accident, honestly, what are those going to do?

Surprisingly he thought about it for a second and smeerked, and agreed! Be like silver dollar titties on A cups... Decent cop, let me off on all the bogus reasons he pulled me over... just be nice and don't bock at stupid statements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.